Used 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Easy Ownership
By Halfcent

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The Cobalt is a super easy car to own. It's easy to insure, easy on gas, easy to maintain, easy to drive anywhere. You will notice what seems like a very big difference in looks between the base models and the upgraded cars. Leather interior on this car makes it seems like an entirely higher grade vehicle. Spring for the extras on this one, it make a big difference. Heated seats, OnStar, MP3 radio with Pioneer speakers, many others. And it is a much better car then it's Cavalier predecessor.

Leather trimmed interior with heated seats. Built-in cell phone with OnStar. Pioneer speaker system

Ipod jack and digital radio (not XM, it has that option. I mean local HD radio) Telescoping steering wheel would be nice.

Great Car For The Price!
By Crystal

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy my Cobalt. I was lucky enough to have a friend who worked for Chevy. He worked everything out for me. My Cobalt is by no means a fast sports car or a luxury Lexus or anything, but it has been a wonderful car. I have had no problems in 2 years and anything I needed done got fixed promptly and w/o out any questions from Chevy. I do wish the gas mileage was a little better, but it rides great and is comfortable for trips. It's a great car for the low price

I love my XM radio and the fact the car came with sport wheels and spolier at no extra cost!

I would improve the interior. I have had a few minor paint chips on the door handle and CD player area! I would also make the cloth more durable.

Think before you buy
By avhhis

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for two years and have many problems with it. It is currently in the shop right now for the 8th time and it only has 39000 miles on it. It was in the shop twice for problems with the sunroof, which is not that big of a deal. But I have had two major problems. One, the brake lines and brake fluid lines were bad. It was in the shop three times for brake issues, and the third time I took it in I had no brake fluid left in the car because of a major leak. The second problem has been with the steering. Twice I have had problems where the power steering message comes up and I lose control of the steering. If I could go back I would buy a different car.

The look of the car and the interior is comfortable. I love my leather seats.

Fix the kinks with the brake and steering issues.

My Cobalt Coupe
By Dave

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The Chevy Cobalt LS coupe is an awesome car! I bought mine in late '05 and it came with everything except a sunroof and the supercharger but even the basic models of the Cobalt are fun cars to own. It has great acceleration for a 4cyl. and the Ecotec engine is very dependable. So far the most mileage I have gotten out of a tank of gas is 359 miles but the average is 280. It also has several after market parts for those who enjoy modifing. I highly recommend the upgraded 7 speaker Pioneer audio system, it packs an awesome punch. Overall this car is a great car and I highly recommend it.

It had everything i was looking for! 7 speaker Pioneer audio system. Quiet interior. Sport tuned suspension. Ecotec 2.2L engine. Leatheri Interior, comfortable seats. Power everything. Fog lamps and spoiler. Aftermarket parts

The dash/door trim. its painted silver and it can get scratched off but it's an easy fix if it does happen (warranty covers it).

Love my Cobalt
By psuphiman80

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The Cobalt is a great utility car. It gets me from point A to point B in relative good style and comfort. I can't really think of anything bad about the car. I just wish I had put more options into it. Great for the tuner scene once there is a computer tune for the car.

Automatic headlamps. Large trunk. Attractive styling