Used 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews - 249 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Good first model, needs some tweaking
By Surgecows

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I didn't know much about the Cobalt before looking at it, but I read up on reviews and such. Basically it sounded like a reliable car because it's an updated version of the Cavalier, so it didn't seem like a gamble of a first model car since it's an update on another model. Overall I really like the Cobalt LS coupe. It's reliable and seems like it's going to last for a good amount of time. The design is nice but could use a little updating to compete better with foreign cars. Only general complaints are the bad blind spots due to small rear windows and poor interior lighting and the fairly cheap plastic interior.

Oil system, sporty look, Pioneer sound system has deep rich sound, decent gas mileage, large amount of trunk space, and pretty fun to drive.

Dome light (the lights under the rear view mirror are nice but not always practical) increased size of rear windows to decrease the dangerous blind spots (i feel like I'm guessing when changing lanes) Rear window wiper, wider opening to trunk, lights in vanity, and a lock on glove compartment.

Fianaly good fuel economy and power!
By rick's45

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best car that you could buy in its class. This car is one of the quietest cars I have been in. Built with high quality and great fit and finish. A lot of the critics talk about the cheap interior? My car has leather heated seats that are nicer than most expressive cars. I love the no glare dash and the satin chrome interior. The car also has chrome on the guage cluster, the radio controls, also on the shifter. I don't know what they are talking about. You guys can keep your wood grain dash, or borrow your mom's car. As far as the power goes it is very responsive with a good torque. If you are thinking of buying this car go drive the competition and then drive the Cobalt.

Love the sun roof and 7 speaker premium sound system. 1SB sport package is a must. Leather heated seats.

Make more of them.

Better than a Cavalier
By Chevy Always

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

So far so good, this car is alot of fun. I have had only one problem so far as a high pressure switch went out on my air conditioning. It was gratefully worked on and fixed. There were a couple of recalls that I had to take of, but hey, for the price, no problem. I would recommend this car to anyone. I'm only mad that I didn't get the higher performance engine.

I like the low profile tires.

The cup holders are in a poor place. It is a little snug for five passengers.

Love My Cobalt
By Dee

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I live on Long Island where we have all 4 seasons. I have had no problem driving in rain or snow. I picked up the car in mid February 2005 and the following week we had quite a snow storm. The front wheel drive was great! No more getting stuck at work. I had an 85 Camaro which is rear-wheel and I always had trouble getting out of parking spaces at work--needed a push. And when I could, I would park with the nose out. With the Cobalt, it doesn't matter how I park. Of course it's easier to pull straight out, but so far I have no problem. My husband finally drove the car last week and he was quite surprised. Said the steering was solid--that's a compliment.

Controls in the steering wheel for the radio and cruise control. A real trunk is a pleasure, after having a hatch in the Camaro.

A bit more leg room in the rear seats would be nice--not everyone has short legs. And the battery in the trunk could be safety issue down the road. I know race cars have them in the rear, but this is a street car (and a race car has a shut off).

Dont listen to those who dont own one
By #1cobaltdriver

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

Well let's see, this car is fast! Also it is a great deal as far as bang for the buck. Gas mileage is also a plus if drive like me you will get around 25 mpg but you can get up to 30 mpg. If you're looking for a fast car you need this car. "Sleeper" is a great term to describe this car because there you don't see many and no one really knows what they are capable of doing since they are a new model... so go test drive one and be impressed

My favorite features of the Cobalt are the fun exhuast, short throw shifter, leather seats, the great acceleration, and the great sound system.

I have a couple of suggestions for this car, one is another overdrive. Six gears would improve cruising RPM's and increase the already great gas mileage. Also I would like less vibrating pieces caused by the subwoofer. Other than these this car is wonderful... check it out!