Used 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews - 249 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Good concept, poor execution
By Brian

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

Poor build quailty! I've had nothing but problems with this car. I bought this over the SRT-4 and regret it. Its been in the shop once a month since I got it.

Great performance!

Build quality, better paint, better leather quality.

Go and get this car! Now!
By BaltOwner

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I was a Cavalier Z24 owner before this car and this is, in my opinion, the best car that I have ever owned. Its fast, fun to drive, and it has a SuperCharger! I don't see any others on the road so that is a plus as well. I normally drive a lot and when I had the Cavalier, I was very fatigued when I got to my destination. Not in this car, I still am amped up when I get there and I just want to get back out and drive it. Only put in 91+ octane in the tank, anything less and you don't get the performance.

The SuperCharger of course. The radio, 18in wheels, sunroof, The D.I.C. is pretty cool as well and the rear spoiler. I don't see any others on the road.

More instrument gauges, center arm rest, adjustable height spoiler, and a 15 to 16 gallon fuel tank would be super. Never put in an Navigation system, DVD System, or anything to make it heavier. Less weight = Performance.

Love it
By Cobalt_Angel

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

What can I say..I LOVE IT. The gas mileage is wonderful and it's very reliable as far as dependibilty. I've always been a Chevrolet girl and with gas prices going up here in northern California it helps to have something that last longer on gas

Cute
By Denise

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My driving experience with the Chevy Cobalt is that it does drive smooth and it has some speed. The brakes are good. All it takes is a tap on the brakes. The heating system is good. I burn less heat and oil. The windows fog up easily.

My favorite feature is the style of the car and the color. I like the way the body of the car looks The appearance is nice.

It should be more than one CD player.

The Blue Cobalt
By Jason H.

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Have had the Cobalt since the beginning of August. Great car with some exceptions. I have had some major/minor glitches. My back window shattered out of no where, my sunroof switch cover fell off and has not been replaced yet, my car is rattling, and my emergency break light seems to come on at random when driving.

The Pioneer sound system is great, the ride is smooth. Quiet ride as well.

Obvious kinks, still in it's first 6 months of ownership.