Used 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Cobalt LS Sedan
By Dee Page

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I am very impressed with the handling of this car. The car really hugs the road and there isn't any feeling of "losing" the back end in a sharp curve. I get better gas mileage than what is shown on the window sticker. The seats are firm and offer proper support. There is plenty of room and can get all my errands ran in one day. You get a lot of car for the money and is worth every penny.

I really like the inofrmation center. It lets you know what gas mileage you're getting, oil life left, avg speed, temperature outside and engine coolant temp. The car I had prior to this didn't offer these features.

I wish a center armrest was standard and there was a scan button on the radio.

My Red Cobalt
By RedCobaltLS

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It's a good car no problems yet? So far I've got 2800+ miles on it. I hope the next 5 yrs dont bring me pain..Knock on wood. But I'm finding out how hard it was to replace the headlight bulb. I wanted brighter lights and had to take off the whole headlight to gain access to the bulb. But other then that it's a good car.

The features I like on the car are the read out of mpg, temp, % of your oil, and how a small automatic car can haul the mail. It all seems to work for me.

What I would like to see improved is more storage, Manual dash light on/off The light sensor is great but on foggy/rain days my dash is dark. Fog lights on LS models an brighter headlights

Great Car
By Rick

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car, quick pick up, great handling, and I like the look of it, not to mention the gas mileage. A huge step up from my '03 Civic.

Gas Pedal and Steering wheel

Offer more choices in interior fabrics and colors. Everything else is great!

I do not recommend this car
By Lisa

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

At first I liked this car but now it is my worst nightmare. I have had numerous problems with the ignition. The key does not turn back. First I was told it was the ignition switch, then it was the solenoid both were replaced. The ignition switch was replaced twice. The solenoid was replaced once. I was also told that the gear shifter cabled needed adjusted. That still didn't fix the problem. The last time I took it in they replace the shifter assembly. Hopefully this will work but I'm not holding my breath. If you ask me you shouldn't put a car on the market if you're not sure that it works. This car is poorly built and I think all of them should be pulled off and not sold anymore.

None

Pull all cars off and don't sell them anymore.

Great Small Car
By Chris H

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased this car, upgrading from the 2000 Chevy Metro LSi (1.8L 4-cyl). I opted for the manual transmission with this car, instead of the automatic. Great car for the money! The car is much more responsive when you hit the gas, with no hesitation. The power seems like it would be for a much larger car. Fuel economy is fantastic! With most of my driving on the highway, I am getting around 35-36 mpg. The info display is a novelty, but useful. Only design negative I find is the headrest design. It feels like your head is being pushed forward, and is uncomfortable. Overall, a very good car.

Eco-tech engine, with oil life monitor. High fuel economy. Small but powerful engine.

Change the headrest design, as it is quite uncomfortable.