Used 1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:

First Year
By vintagenick

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab SB

After always driving new trucks (Fords and a Nissan), I tried used - bought this GM. Wow! A truck that is not full of frills, bells, whistles that aren't needed. It is a true truck for the guy who really uses a truck. I haul large items frequently and pull a trailer. I also take it on long distance interstate trips. It is an incredibly solid and reliable truck so far, and has plenty of room for the family. My mechanic swears that with good regular maintenance, I can easily get 250000 miles out of the motor. Bought it with 69000 - it now has 81500. I never thought I'd like a GM, but now I love 'em!

Visibility, acceleration, ride, comfort, hauling & towing capabilities

Better cruise control switches, quieter wipers, gear shift should not block heat controls

One Solid Truck
By Chris Stevens

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I've had my 1998 K1500 Silverado for almost four years now, and the only repair it needed was a new set of U- joints. Well built, the last of the old style before the 99's, so everything was pretty much perfected. Good acceleration and pulling power with the 5.7 liter, and gas milage better than Ford or Dodge.

Z-71 package(better handling), more comfortable seats, and a better dashboard layout than Ford or Dodge. The sliding rear window(makes windows down driving more pleasant), powerful AC and heat.

I wish they offered a smaller V-8 or V- 6 diesel when they made these. That would have made a great truck perfect.

Solid Truck
By Anonymous

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have had great luck with the truck. No mechanical or electrical problems. I intend to keep it 18-20 more years and if and when I do have problems, most of the equipment is accessible

Pewter/champagne color, seats sit higher than new model trucks. I'm 5'10" and I like that. It rides quiet and I like the 'square look' of the front end

I only have two doors. 3rd or 4th door and more room in extended cab seating area. Also have had trouble with opening center console box.

My favorite vehicle ever
By Samuel

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My truck is an excellent ride. Plenty of power with the 5.7l V-8, although gas mileage is not very good. I can pull/haul anything with virtually no power lag. It is good in the snow, just make sure you have sand bags and good tires. There is plenty of room on the interior. My truck has always started and run beautifully. She has 97k miles right now, but she still is a beauty! Make sure to care for your paint. Wash, wax, polish, detail, detail, detail. I always get compliments on my truck because I keep her clean. She has her scratches and dings, but she looks brand new parked by herself.

The styling. I love the way my truck looks and drives. Plenty of power.

I do not like where the tire toolkit is located. Under the rear seat, passenger side. Not my favorite place to have that.

Very Good Truck
By rohio

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this with 95K on the odometer. I have put 14K on it in 6 months, without a single penny of repair! It also impressed me this year with some of the heavier than expected snow. It never lost traction, or got me stuck. Seems to be a very reliable truck overall.

No frills interior. Some items that would be extra in other trucks; i.e. full gauge package, reading lamps, etc. make it a nice vehicle to drive.

Glove box space seems small, and the tilt wheel could lower one more notch, so as not to block the speedometer