Used 1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Consumer Reviews

Used C/K 1500 Series for Sale
Select your model:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

319,000 Miles - Still Rolling!

Ezekiel 9:1, 11/13/2015
K1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I bought my '97 over a year ago for $450 - yes, $450.00 (that's not a typo or a missing 0 - four hundred and fifty dollars). At the time it had 312,000 miles on it and, due to the recent addition of a second teenage driver it has become my commuter. Thought the gas mileage is what's expected from a small block Chevy V8, I love my truck! Couple of things that are expected from an 18 year old vehicle but hey, it runs like a top! Original engine and tranny, no problems with either. This is the fist Chevy truck I've owned, and always been a Ford lover but "ole'red" has made me a believer in American made trucks. I still love my previous 3 F150s, but will now consider a Silverado in the future!

Gave more than what I expected

GloriJ9, 05/23/2008
C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck has performed everytime I needed it to. I've hauled heavy loads (trailer) and it pulled it with no trouble. Drove through flooding and 17" of snow and didn't come close to getting stuck. Gave plenty of space in front and cab. I did have 2 problems: 1) front left brake sensor needed replaced and 2) intake gasgate needed replaced (which I found out is a common problem for this particular vehicle). Other than that, this has been a great truck!

Like a Rock- Chevrolet C/K 1500 is solid

z2im, 05/30/2003
C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

In searching for a used truck, I test drove the Ford F150, Dodge RAM, Dodge Dakota, Chevrolet C/K 1500 and Toyota Tundra. I bought a 1997 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab SB because of the sturdy design, powertrain, body style and the price. The 1500 is a rugged workhorse that can carry cargo and tow, yet provides spacious and comfortable ride for driver and passengers. The 5.7l engine is quiet, reliable and powerful. The automatic transmission is smooth. The 4 wheel drive gets me through challenging terrain (with weight in the bed). At 7 years and 70k+ miles, the vehicle has required only regular maintenance and replacement of wear items(tires, brakes)

Amazing. Just amazing

Austin, 02/13/2016
K1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I have beat this thing to death in effort to test just how tough chevy claims it is. I have hit trees, water, and even played truck tag haha. This thing won't die. I revd it to 5000 rpms and dropped it in drive in effort to blow the Transmission and it still shifts perfect. I have not changed the oil for 4 years. No engine knock. I have never seen something so indestructible

You can't go wrong with this truck!

chevroletrulz, 07/01/2002
C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have owned the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 since March of 2002. In the very short time that I have had this truck, I have not found anything that is to my disliking. I have no problems with it at all mechanicaly. Of course, it only has 44,000 miles on it. If everything goes well with this vehicle, I will buy more Silverado 1500's in the years to come.

12345...11