Used 1990 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:

My bad luck
By banditxkr

1990 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

Reading these other reviews, I feel as though I got a dud. This truck has been nothing but problems. I've had it for ten years now and so far I've had to rebuild the clutch, replace the rear end, replace the fuel tank, and much more trivial stuff. This truck has left me sitting on the side of the road at least 3 times so far. Everything electrical in this truck from the radio to the speedometer has been on the fritz for the last 5 years. It only has 138000 miles on it and its junk. The fuel economy sucks for a 6 cylinder and the power is non-existent. It's also rusted out. This engine is too small for this size of a truck. Maybe this is just my bad luck though

5-speed transmission, good strong bumper (hit a deer at 70 mph and didn't hardly leave a dent in it), cruise control

bigger engine, better electrical

Where it counts, Chevy does right.
By Strategizer

1990 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB

Where it counts, as in staying on the road, this truck is hard to beat. Over 17.5 years, all not garaged, this vehicle has maintained an impeccable driving record. That said, the plastic pieces of the truck are extremely poor, as well as the overall interior design. The fuse door fell off one day without any prompting. A tab was mysteriously found to have broken off. The glove box is awkward (tall but no depth). The seat belt made its way under the speaker cover and ripped it off (poor placement). The vinyl quality was cheap and cracked quickly in comparison to the replacement vinyl I got privately. Again, the engine will keep you on the road, but don't expect much from the interior.

None really. This is a plain-jane model. Inexpensive, but for a reason.

Stop making so many things of plastic that shouldn't be. Even basics should be made well. If you must make if of plastic, use a higher grade.

Best truck I've ever owned
By chevdags

1990 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My family bought this truck in the year 2000. The truck was beautiful, inside and out. We bought it with aproximatly 150,000 miles on it. The truck became a daily driver for us. We were putting on about 1500 miles a month or more. Our 90' Silverado, pulled countless cars, boats, trailers, and campers. Ii don't know how many times we had the box almost touching the rear wheels, because of so much weight in the back. It never let us down. No matter what kind of hell we put it through, it just kept chugging along. The GM motor company did a fantastic job with this truck!

My favorite features of this truck are the looks. Chevrolet did an awsome job with this truck. It looks tough, but it is a truck I wouldn't be ashamed of driven to someplace fancy. Another thing would be the sound. You put a set of pacs, or turbo muffler on and you got a heck of a bark.

The only thing I can think of that could be improved would be the gas mileage. I was getting about ten miles to the gallon with my truck. But it was worth it. To this day I love this truck and call it my baby.

1990 Chevy Silverado hotrod
By Mayberry

1990 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought a 1990 half ton SB (99,000 original miles) with a rebuilt factory 350 (mild cam) and 3.73 gearing. I installed a power chip with 160 thermostat and also installed a K & N filter charger along with flowmaster exhaust plus a Corvette fluid servo in the tranny for lightning fast shifts and WOW! I've got a little hot rod on my hands! I must have hit the right combo cause this truck really screams now. Traction is a problem sometimes even with 29 X 12.50 street Hoosiers. Its always nice to pull up next to a new Mustang GT at the lights or one of those Hemi Dodges and proceed to let them examine my tailgate at a rapid rate. I have sunk 10 times more money in a truck before without this result

Engine, reliability, looks, stance (lowered 2 inches). All the compliments about the truck's good looks. All factory options. Truck is at home in a show, on the street cruising, or hauling flowers and shrubs for my wife. #1 favorite feature is it's a Chevrolet.

Headliner, I wouldn't use 10 bolt rears, only 12 bolts. Other than that, it is a super beautiful truck.

OK.. for truck being 16 yrs old!
By gojo

1990 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Scottsdale 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought my copper brown Chevy Scottsdale about a year and a half ago. I think that GM put faulty trannys in 1989-92's because everyone I know with those years, including myself, have had to replace the transmisions. I have put a ton of money into this truck. It probably ran good when it was newer, but it was a bad investment for me, too much cost in new parts, and with gas prices, the V-8 isnt helping.

The copper "penny" color of the truck. I've only seen it on a few trucks in the past. So it's easy to spot in a full parking lot.

Make more reliable parts. Also, I wish they kept the old bench style seats an option in the newer trucks. They're so much better than buckets.