Used 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Love it and fun to drive
By Cavfav

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third car and my first one bought new. Bought it mainly because of the price tag, but love it more everyday I drive it. I did get keyless entry and a sound system installed on it. So it is enough for my everyday driving. Do my own oil change and have not had a problem with this car.

A/C and CD player. Basically all you really need for an everyday commute

Update the panels and seats, but for the price, it still worth every penny

Great Value
By Big Mike

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

40 MPG on the highway, great acceleration when needed. This dependable car is a great value. I have 64,000 miles on it and my only problem was hitting a low flying turkey. I replaced the grille piece that was broken and I have not spent a cent on any other parts other than oil filters. I have the base model coupe, 5 speed manual and would recommend this car to any one looking for dependable transportation.

Fuel economy.

2005 was the last year the Cavalier was built. GM should pull out the 2005 model and start production again!

Hot Chevy Cavalier
By John - Erie,Pa

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been very fun to drive from when I got it in Dec 6 2004. It was the last fully loaded model Ls sport and I love this car. Great gas mileage and very sporty and upgradable if you are into that stuff. The 2.2L Ecotec engine is the best engine in this Cavalier, and I owned 3 Cavaliers.

I love the sunroof and 5 speed transmission.

The car is no longer around. I think they should of still had the Cavaliers and just made an SS Cavalier.

Cavalier Racer
By Jason Howard

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I am currently building up my cavalier to race and take to car shows. It actually handles and responds better than I thought it would when I got it.

This car can take a beating and keep on going.

Engine

Junk
By Q43000gt

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my company car. It is junk! 14,000 miles and it is falling apart. The car is driven 100% city in mph zones less than 40mph, but it should not be this much junk. Brakes are shot; Car has overheated more than five times. Something in the steering is going out (makes a weird noise when turning). 17mpg average over 14,000 miles (all city). Car has a hard time starting at times. Rattles in the snow.

Nothing.