Used 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews - 228 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Disappointed
By Steve

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in a hurry because my last vehicle was totaled in an accident, and I needed something to get back and forth to work. I've always heard how "great" Cavaliers were so I took a chance on a GM car. Never again! Everytime I turn around the "service" or "check engine" light is on. The car has only 40,000 miles on it and I've spent thousands on things that I don't think should've gone out already. Oh well, I guess it's back to buying an import.

Nice sounding stereo.

Love my Cavalier
By realscott325

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new in 2004. Love the economy and performance-even for a 4 cyl. Never had a problem until about 5 months ago, the ignition coil went out suddenly. Other than that, no problems, no complaints. Love my Chevy!

Love the 5 speed. Extremely fun to drive. The engine will spin the wheels in second gear if you know how to drive it.

Better finish on the interior. Even though it is an economy car, Chevy could have done better.

Good, cheap commuter car
By Greg

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for the fuel economy and a manual transmission. I'm a college student who commutes to class every day, so the good gas mileage helps (~25-30 MPG city depending on traffic).

The sport trim is nice and the moonroof is a nice feature.

The plastic interior needs to go and the seats are horrible. They're not good at all for road trips and the side bolsters are a joke. The front bench in an Olds Eighty-Eight is more supportive than these things.

RoseRetrading
By Rose

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, I am happy with my Cavalier. Fuel economy is excellent and there has been absolutely no problems with the performance of the car. My only dislike is that the windows and mirror adjustments are manual. Would like to go electronic now but for dollar value, this car is excellent.

Electronic upgrade to windows and mirrors

A Couple of Problems
By LP

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for about 2 1/2 years, its been pretty dependable for the price, but I have had some issues with the gauges. My RPM gauge stopped working first, followed by my fuel gauge, and now my speedometer is starting to work on-and-off like the others did before they stopped working. I haven't bothered to get them fixed because I'm about to trade it in, but I wasn't too happy about that. However, it's a great starter car.

Cute exterior, good value for the price.

I would like to know how much gas I have! Then again, I do know exactly how much mileage I am getting because I have to go off the odometer, and I must admit that it gets great gas mileage. I can usually go around 400 miles between fill-ups.