Used 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews - 228 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Amazing Car
By LM

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car has made amazing mileage. On a trip across SD got 35 miles to the gallon and in normal traffic around 30 miles per gallon. It runs well and the air conditioning is excellent it keeps the entire car cool.

This car has an amazing sound system and can clearly play anything in it, and the interior could not be better it is soft but durable

None

Good for the price
By stillridinchevy

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car in Nov of 2006, about to trade it in for something different. The suspension is really bad (every bump or hole in the road makes my car sound like it's dying, when any other car I've been in will go over the same ones very smoothly). I wouldn't recommend it for anyone with babies (small back seat), it's not very safe (car would crumble in an accident), the front bumper is removable, it kind of "clips" on, the turn signal lights and tag light have been replaced many times, gas mileage is not that great! There is no way it's 30MPG. I'd say more like 20. It's not a bad car, overall I enjoyed having it.

Mine was very sporty looking (black w/ silver racing stripes), spoiler, sunroof, its pretty small and easy to drive!

They don't make these anymore so what's the point. This car was just your average car, nothing special, nothing bad. Just simple and affordable.

Our Baby
By Stargazer

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I have had our Cavalier only a few months and have been very pleased with it. It is very fun to drive and we love the way it looks. We have read the other reviews and do not agree with everything that is said about the Cavalier. With todays gas prices it is a very economical car.

CD player, remote button for the trunk, center console storage.

The only thing that needs to be improved is the cup holders.

Very disappointing
By Steve-o

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've never had more problems with a car than this one. My Cavalier has had one thing go wrong after the other. It's never been abused, the oil has been changed every 3,000 miles and it's not even driven that much. I only have one more year of payments, but I've decided to trade it in for something other than a GM. Maybe I just got a lemon. For those who are about to buy one, beware. The Cavalier is a cheap car and it's one of those things where you get what you pay for. I guess it's back to imports for me.

Gas mileage, stereo.

Too many to mention.

My Chevy Cavalier
By azgurl

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My car got great gas mileage. It did ok in snow and mud. When I got 69,000 miles my car was making noises when I started it. It was my lower motor knocking, to mechanics it made no sense it was a flexplate and overhaul on my motor. So my conclusion is they do good until 69,000 miles.