Used 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews - 167 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Not a good choice
By Jay

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My parents bought me this car when I graduated but I wish they went with something else. Ive owned one for 3 years and now selling it. It is very reliable and doesn't have many mechanical problems at all but the entire interior design is made from cheap easy to break materials. Even the seats are VERY uncomfortable for driving for long periods my back would actually start to hurt after 3 or so hours and i'd have to get out and stretch, the cup holders are ridiculously placed right behind the cup holders. Don't expect the CD drive to last long either. Not to mention what car nowadays doesn't have power doors OR windows??The brakes also stink on wet roads, the steering is loose.

Reliable, no huge mechanical problems after 100k miles, will still drive if the rest of the car is falling into pieces.

To many to name which is probably why they've done away with the cavalier. I also don't shop chevy anymore.

fun but it has its problems
By chevycavalierowner

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car with 50,000 miles on it. The car drives excellent. IT is real fun to drive. The only thing wrong with it is its real cramped inside, and the car car is real torquey.

the whole interior, make it look like you put some effort into it

Great car for the money
By Rae

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2002 and have about 97,000 miles on it. I just had to replace the fuel pump ($600), replaced the brake pads, and have put new tires on the car. Other than that, regular oil changes and the car drives wonderfully. It may not be the fanciest car around, but for someone on a budget, it is perfect.

I think it handles very well, even in the winter. The air and heat work great.

Like most people have said, the cup holders are in the way. It also looks like there is a problem with the fuel pumps in these cars, which isn't a cheap fix.

coolest car ever
By cavi lover

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Traded 03 cavi. For a another 03 cavi cause I wanted the sport pkg and manual tran. Car handles great. Fun driving it around with Windows down moonroof open and radio cranked up. I can go 3 to 4 weeks on a single tank of gas. I took it on a 14 hr road trip to Texas this past summer and that was fun. Has been reliable since only a few minor fixer uppers. Cluster wouldn't work when it got over 90 degrees and the car was sitting out in sun. Easy fix I just replaced it. And one of my wires on abs broke off front tire. That's it.

love black car and aluminum rims. moonroof, clutch, handling. a lot of room in trunk.

cup holders were located in a bad spot. wish they made a cavalier SS but they didn't.

Love my Cavy
By mdshome

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used with 10,000 miles on it. Have driven the heck out of it for 6+ years. Currently has 190,000 miles on it and still runs like a dream. Other than brakes, rotors, and a fuel pump no other problems. Didn't think about the cup holders being a problem, just slightly inconvenient. With back seat down, I have hauled 8 foot 2x4's in it and use it like a truck. Still getting me 28-32 mpg consistently. Drives great in the snow. I make it to work when people with 4x4s don't. Makes me laugh!

CD player, multiple cigarette lighter plugs for electronic stuff.

Wish I had electric locks and windows on mine.