Used 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Pretty Good Car
By shedsnomotearz

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car almost a year ago and the only problem I had was the front window motors burning out. Other than that, this is a great car to have. Pretty peppy 2.2L ECOTEC.

Leather Interior, rims

More leg room, Better place for cup holders, More powerful engine

Worked out well for me
By mergatroid

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2002 standard 4 door at an auction in Oct 2003 with 9000 miles. I previously had a '90 and I put 105,000 miles on it before selling it to my nephew who's still driving it. I wanted an inexpensive commuter car with good fuel economy. It has been that. I currently have 46,000 miles and the only non-routine repair I have had was the fan resistor pack replaced under warranty. I wasn't expecting a luxury or sports car, I just wanted reliable, economical basic transportation and the Cavalier has been that.

Good factory stereo. I have the power sunroof which I like. Goes well in winter driving.

The air conditioning could be more powerful. They need to redesign the driver's seat back adjustment handle. Mine has broken off twice.

Good Basic Transportation
By Matt

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Relable and smooth running subcompact. Only complaint is the dashboard warps and cracks too easily. Other than that, a very low maintenance car.

Gauges, tilt steering wheel, cd player, and AM/FM stereo.

Stronger interior materials and interior build quality.

Midnight
By cwilson179

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car on January 29, 2004. It has been the best car I have ever had! It is dark blue metallic. My car is 5 years old now. It still runs like new. I have taken care of my car very well. I always get compliments about how good of condition that my car is. Everyone loves the color of the car including me! The 2.2 ecotec so far is a very good engine I now have 82,000 miles on my car. I don't have any problem with the comfort with the interior of the car. I drive this car at least 40 miles per day mostly highway driving. It gets the same great gas mileage that I got the day that I got it! It gets between 30 and 32 mpg. I would not trade this car for anything.

The dark blue metallic color is the best color on a car I have every seen! My car origanally had the RDS stereo system in my car. Unfortunatley it did not last very long, but I changed the stereo in it. The speakers still work very well. I love my chrome wheels. I also love the 2.2 ecotec.

The speaker on the driver side didn't last very long. The switch in the door that turns the dome light and turns off the stereo needs improvements. My gas gauge hasn't ever worked. My dash has cracked, and I have already had to replace my shift boot on my 5 speed shifter.

Good starter car
By Erica

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Z24 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I like the sporty look of the outside and the ease of driving it. However, the seats could be more comfortable and the alloy rims are very expensive to replace. It has the basic features I need and is a good starter car.

CD player, keyless entry, black interior

Better seats and more features