Used 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews - 153 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Sad To Let Her Go!
By Maria

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my cavalier for 8 years now it is my sec. My 1st one I was in a very bad crash with and rolled the car and I am still alive that is why I had gotten the sec one. It has been a great car for the past 8 years but after haveing 88,500 miles on her she is ready to die! I only wish gm made them last a lil longer I am sad to let her go and its very hard to find another car like this

sporty, gas mileage,fun to drive,safe

dash cracked and the paint chips easy

Great Little Car!
By sensationalsens1978

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It is a perfect car for getting me to work and back. I haven't had any serious problems with it. However it is starting to rust, but that will be fixed later this year! If you are looking for a safe, reliable, and affordable vehicle, look no further than the Cavalier!

Lots of pep for a small car. Great handling

To be honest, I can't think of any!

300,000 miles
By contaucreek

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought used in 04. Drive 100000km a year and have about 480000km on it now. Odometer burnt out, dash lights burnt out, countless rear strut mounts,a/c failed first due to wiring then due to probable clutch problem, usual headlight wiring issue, does not burn a drop of oil, reliable like you wouldn't believe (touch wood)

Comfortable to drive long distances

Upgrade the strut mount design, make more heat come out of the floor vents, usual cup holder issue

Great gas mileage!
By Sassycat

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I was driving our SUV to work everyday and got the Cavalier to save on gas. I love this car. It's cute, reliable and definitely performs in the mileage-saving area. On the open road I've gotten 40-mpg! I've driven this car solo across the country a number of times and have had no problems. It has about 80,000 miles on it but the interior and exterior still look new after a wash & wax. Had a clogged fuel line that caused problems last year but that has been fixed. A strut bearing needs attention, apparently that's a typical problem, annoying but not critical.

Sporty appearance, large trunk and split back seat that lowers to haul long items, fun to drive, reliable, handles well even in snow.

The only thing that annoys me is that I should have gotten power windows. The factory floor mats tend to curl and I'd like larger sun visors.

02 Cavy base coupe
By seanyboi142

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car so much. It's got a little power to it (110 hp base model). It's not so good when accelerating with the AC on it puts a drag on the engine. I took it back to a Chevy dealership twice. The first time I took it back because I got tired of the base engine and ordered a LS sport engine which was much needed for power (140 hp engine). Well my engine light came after I had the car for about 2 or 3 weeks. Turns out someone put some of the parts in wrong. Well that's it. It's a great car.

The new engine. The aerodynamics and the lower ride height(about 4 inches off the ground)

Standard horsepower. Hubcaps they are really squeaky when you hit bumps or even just drive the car. Better radio deck and CD player. It is only a one disk CD player which stinks. And a better spolier it seems to be just sheet metal and really weak.