Used 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Great Little Car!
By sensationalsens1978

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It is a perfect car for getting me to work and back. I haven't had any serious problems with it. However it is starting to rust, but that will be fixed later this year! If you are looking for a safe, reliable, and affordable vehicle, look no further than the Cavalier!

Lots of pep for a small car. Great handling

To be honest, I can't think of any!

300,000 miles
By contaucreek

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought used in 04. Drive 100000km a year and have about 480000km on it now. Odometer burnt out, dash lights burnt out, countless rear strut mounts,a/c failed first due to wiring then due to probable clutch problem, usual headlight wiring issue, does not burn a drop of oil, reliable like you wouldn't believe (touch wood)

Comfortable to drive long distances

Upgrade the strut mount design, make more heat come out of the floor vents, usual cup holder issue

At least this Cavaliar is 'great'!
By rusty

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great pick-up. Great on gas savings. Room enough for a chubby driver. Looks real good. Easy to keep clean.

36 mpg!

Change location of oil filter!

Would not suggest this car
By Jackie91802

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Z24 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My car was great for the first couple years but all has gone down hill from there. ABS light continues to come on even after maintenance, all 4 power windows had to be replaced, pick-up is terrible, transmission is close to going, engine misfired after 45k miles, the a/c and heat does not work unless you put it on full blast, and now surprise surprise there is an electrical problem which doesn't allow me to use my left turn signal (real safe) - I'm getting rid of this car as soon as next week, never buying a GM again

Sporty look, can't really say many other pluses

Build a car that will last more then 3- 4 years - my car is literally falling apart on the inside and out

I love my Cavalier
By Charlene

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutley love my Cavalier. I've had it for over 5 years now and I have not had a problem yet. It was previously a rental car before I bought it so I thought it would have major problems. I was completely wong. I replaced my brakes at 53,000 miles. Other than regular maintenance, it hasn't had any problems. I couldn't have asked for a better car. I get about 35 MPG on the freeway and about 30 in the city. I don't know why I get such good gas mieage (I live in Southern California for goodness sakes, I am always in traffic!). I plan on driving it until it will not run anymore because it of the gas mileage.

Mine didn't come with powered windows which kind of stinks. It did come with a keyless remote and alarm, which is nice!

I don't think I would improve anything on it. I have no complaints at all. I feel very blessed for my car not having any problems and getting excellent gas mileage.