Used 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews - 153 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Good, but not safe
By 02Cavvy

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2007 w/22K miles. I wrecked it just recently due to someone pulling out in front of me. I hit the other car doing 40 mph and it totaled my car. The frame was warped, windshield cracked, engine shoved back, but still able to go 5 mph to move it. I've had to replace the back left speed sensor (whole brake drum, great planning Chevy - not.) I had the engine mounts go bad, O2 sensor, etc. I had to replace the front bumper pieces and that was around $500 just for parts. Poor build quality, I had panels gaping in one spot and pressed tightly in others. It's a good car if you want good gas mileage and something reliable in winter. Don't wreck you'll be seriously injured.

Used engine bay space appropriately, easy to tinker with and add after market accessories. Easy on the gas pump. It's also a little sporty looking, so it's not too girly. (If you buy the sports package.)

Oil filter placement, better build quality, longer lasting seat fabric, and definitely needs to have better crash test ratings, but as seeing that they discontinued it, there's nothing that can be done.

I owned 3 cavaliers
By Michael

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The door locks rusted out twice (what's with that?) No rust anywhere else on the car. It runs great. Does not burn oil. The battery died after 8 years. I replace the blower motor at 80kkm. It slowly lost its speed until it only had high speed. I still have the car and will probably have it for many years to come.

Okay car. Make them again and I will buy a new one.

Sun visor could line up with passenger one. There is a gap that lets the sun in.

Nice little car
By Cole Lutz

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

i like my cavalier. it's a fun little car to drive, easy to do upgrades to. i recently supercharged my cavvy from a 2001 Chevy cobalt ss, it picks up and goes. i like how it looks and it's a fun little car. The only bad thing is that it dents really easy! thats the only con. drives really nice. i also have a aem short ram intake on it to. fun car

supercharger

fix the seat comfort front and rear

2002 z24
By ANAKIN50

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

excellent vehicle. the only bad things about it: dash parts (cracks with the sun light too fast), and the original paint job its too poor. but i love my z24.

engine and transmission quick response.

rear disks, better seats, audio speakers.

2200 SFI
By 2200sfi

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2002 Cavalier Base Sedan it has the 2.2 liter ohv engine. I love the low end torque rather have ohv than the dohc. I got it June of 07 it is my first car it had 52k when I bought it now has 110k today is march 25 of 2010. I average 34 mpg. Only thing was is this past Christmas the fuel pump died other than that it is perfect. I have modified it a bit I installed a flowmaster delta 40 muffler and converted the stock intake into a cold air intake which has helped economy and performance plus the muffler gives the car a good sound. I will own it till it dies which looks like a long time.

Performance, Reliability, Looks, OHV engine love the torque mine is putting out 155 lbs (est) after mods and it is a big help when your at the light against a focus and I have beat a lot of them thanks to the OHV.

Wish they would have added another 40hp and maybe 30 lbs of torque. Other than that maybe a different speedo instead of the conventional 110 maybe 140 to look a little sportier.