Used 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews - 153 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Never trust this car!
By lenoram

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I own a 2002 cavalier. I bought this car with 5k miles. Within 6 months of ownership my starter went out. Thank God for warranty. After my starter was fixed more problems arised.
I want to say I bought a used car. Electrical problems, broken trunk, broken sunviser, problems with my headlights, seat belt broken, and other problems under the hood. I HATE this car.

There is nothing I like about this car.

A better quality car all the way around.

Super Great Car
By Gracie

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have loved this car. Although it isn't fancy, it has done me well. I haven't any major issues with it. I did have to replace two of the power window motors, the starter and the water pump, but all together less than 500.00 in almost 5 years. Never had any sign of trouble, and it always gets me to where I need to go. I have taken it on several 1000+ miles trips with no problems.

MPG, and the power features.

Power window motors were made a bit cheaply.

Amazing Automobile, 9 years later...
By michael

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this brand new off the lot in 2001 and every mile on it is mine. 156,000 miles later, and I am thinking I will keep it for two more years and hope Chevy puts a gutsy engine in a Cruze SS. 150 HP and 150 lb/ft of torque make it fun to drive. Mileage is amazing - 32 mpg still! Bottom of doors and some other rust had to be treated, but such a reliable performer I am happy to do it. I am sold on Chevy for creating such an amazing car and engine. Does so much so well, and only cost me $16,000 new and fully loaded. Does go through wheel bearings, replaced window motors like everyone else, but again, is so good it's worth it.

5 speed, sure footed, especially in snow and nasty weather, still looks amazing, sunroof, stereo booms, two cigarette lighters is great for gps and FM transmitter, map lights, never a time that i don't want to drive it.

folding seat, dashboard cracks, some cheap plastics, fit and finish - Bought a 2010 Equinox for wife and GM has addressed issues that have plagued them for years. Chevy customer for life.

2002 Cavalier LT Sedan
By C,Diddy

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is unspectacular. The ride quality and performance is below average. But,I love it for being extremely reliable and cheap to operate. Good on gas and oil. A.C. only works 100% when vehicle is moving. ABS and traction control light goes off and on, and I have a strut in the front that needs to be changed. But, like I said, RELIABLE and CHEAP! I have 103,000 km on mine, and I have no doubt it will last for as long as I need it to.

Efficient on gas and oil

Cup holders are placed directly in front of the heating and cooling controls.

Love it!
By Jduval

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with 65,000 Miles on it a year ago. Since then the only problem I have had was an evap leak. Nothing too severe. I changed the stock Radio threw in some better speakers and some subs in the trunk. Car is very fun to drive with the 5 spd. Very reliable with good pep when you want it. The A/C drains power when on and I have the very common fuse that burned out on the blower motor.

5spd, Folding down back seat, interior layout.

Blower Motor, A/C power consumption.