Used 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

2001 Cavalier
By angela

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I haven't had any problems with it yet, besides the cruise control not working and the A/C doesn't work so it gets really hot in the summer with the dark interiors. But not using the A/C gives me even better gas mileage.

Kenwood radio. Manual transmission is fun.

Put tachs in all manuals.. I wish I had one.

Reliable small car
By Darwin

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new and now have 86000 km of mixed city and highway driving. Also have a trailer hitch and frequently pull a utility trailer and a small boat trailer with no problems. Automatic transmission is reliable and smooth. This is not a race car or very flashy but good reliable transportation. Had to replace the front wheel bearings - driver side last fall and passenger side this spring.

Reliable economical transport ABS & traction control ( I had a Jeep Wrangler and other than not having as much road clearance; the Cavalier in this setup is just as good )

Unfortunately not made any more. Replaced by the Cobalt which seems to be just a smaller version of the Malibu and the mileage figures have not been improved.

A perfect domestic car for $4 a gallon
By Cutty

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I read all the reviews on here prior to buying, and the biggest thing I agree with is the suspension. The day I got it the coil springs snapped. I took care of that and since then had no problems. the car is great on gas 29/30 mpg. Mine has the 5 speed so it does move a lot better than the auto. I currently have 96k with no cracks on the dash either. The biggest thing that I can think of is that all the pedals have a noise to them but I'm sure a little wd40 will cure that. Overall I'm happy with it and would definitely recommend to others.

Sunroof, 5 speed, rims, spoiler, CD, (the price of parts)

Chevy should recall the suspension, a little more power, tilt wheel standard option.

The Car that never let me down
By CavGuy4Life

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I was taking my car to Tennessee one year and on the way down it was leaking transmission fluid. I did no know this, drove down, stayed for a week and drove home. On the way home the transmission started acting up. When I got home and got the car to a mechanic, I was totally out of transmission fluid. The mechanic said my car should have never made it out of Tennessee. This car is very relyable if you maintain it and respect it. Cause mine got me home when she should never have got me out of the city of Gallatin TN.

The power and speed itself.

Not a thing. It's perfect just how it is to me.

Fun and low cost coupe
By 2001 Cavalier Coupe

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2001 Cavalier Coupe and drove it off the lot new beause it was inexpensive and had a sprots car look. It has been a fun to drive and very reliable car. The 5 speed manual transmission and the interior makes this compact car seem like more of a sports car when driving it. I have just purchased a new 2008 Cobalt, and I already miss the interior and the 5 speed shift handle of the Cavalier.

Front wheel drive, keyless entry, Interior design, handling capabilities