Used 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

25,000 miles in one year!
By sturns

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

I bought this car a year ago with great apprehension. I have heard bad things about Cavaliers and GM. But my fears have been asuaged. This car is a beast! From freeway to stop and go driving this car has gone 25,000 miles in one year and I have had no real problems. It can be a little underpowered and at times noisy, but it's strength lies in reliability. It also excelerates well in turns. Good job Chevy! Good job GM!

Cornering and exterior design.

Considering that this car is no longer in prouction it really doesn't matter. But do try to bring up the safety ratings. Comfort could use a small boost.

Hard Driving
By Sturns

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for less than a year and have had to do a lot driving. It scared me a couple of times, but it's come out a champion. It's hardy and the gas mileage isn't too bad. It has made me take a second look at GM. Sorry Japanese.

Cornering is this car's strong point. It eats turns for breakfast and odly has its best exceleration on turns.

The interior design doesn't seem to change much from year to year, maybe that's why Chevy stopped the line. The back seat in the coupe is not very roomy in the head or foot department

Great for the money
By ryan

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

It's a car. I only put about 3000 miles on a year but reliability is great. Extremely uncomfortable seats, dasboard cracks, stereo system ok, car is black and only after 7 years the paint is in horrible condition, but is expected for color. Reliability is great and most parts if needed are extremely cheap for someone who can install themselves. Never had any major problems with anything else

Styling, reliability, and gas mileage is great!

Very uncomfortable seats, dashboard cracks, trunk lock breaks, paint fades after 4 years and looks terrible. Also the safety rating on the vehicle should make it illegal.

2000 Z24 is very reliable
By RicanZ24

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I had this car from the very begining. I always kept up with the maintenance. Never had any major problems with it. The thing I can complain about is the famous crack in the dash that everyone gets. I had this fixed and it cracked on me again. Too much plastic. The paint job GM has on the car is cheap. After 5 years my paints was starting to peel off. Its going on 8 years now and the roof, trunk and hood are in bad condition due to sun damage. Other than that my car runs like a champ. As long as you take care of your car it will take care of you in the long run.

Sun roof, gas mileage, power

Cheap plastic needs to be replaces too easy to crack after time. Better paint quality.

My Z24
By pat s

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I bought my Z24 and I must say, it is so much faster and more fun than it looks. My brother drives a 2002 Impala and my Z24 is much faster and more enjoyable to drive. I am also impressed with how easily this car can be modified into a real racer. I wouldn't give it up for the world.

Speed, handling, overall look, and the driving experience

Better water pump design, better interior design (less plastic, relocattion of a few features), and no drum brakes!