Used 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

309,200 miles and still purring
By Julie Mays

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

4th car I have owned. Last one was good. One before was better. I got hit in my 1995 Beretta with a full tank of gas. The woman was traveling 50 mph. Didn't brake, just plowed into me. I didn't blow up. 4th car is the one I currently drive. I bought a 1998 Cavalier for 700$. She had 184,???, something. 7 years later, I have 309,200. Has a minor oil leak. But I don't mind. I have replaced the starter, water pump, tensioner and passenger side motor mount. Changed the oil and thermostat in 2010. That's it. I know buying any used car is a big gamble. My Cavalier has surprised me over and over again. Under the cushion in the back seat, there's a date burned into the seat padding. My seat was made on my birthday in 1997. Amazing. What I'm saying is. If you want a reliable car that has plenty of get-up-and-go, great on gas mileage and looks good with minimal maintenance, buy a Chevy.

1998 cavi
By Chris

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

My car is a 5 speed with 337000 miles and counting I'm the third owner and before this I had a 2004 also a good car reliable as can be.

They just don't die!
By ahnalia

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

I bought my 98 z-24 cavalier with 101k "highway" miles on it in 2003. I have NEVER regretted the purchase. I have only had to have 1 major repair done on it (housing case) in 11 years.

Mine has been through a lot. It has been stolen, and they hot rodded it and tore it up externally pretty bad, but it still runs. I let maintenence on it slip pretty bad over the years, and it still runs.

No matter what punishment this car has been dished out, it just does not stop running.
It also has some real "get up and go" when needed.

Coupe has nice body design.

Amazing!!!
By rush_2112

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have owned my Cavalier for about 6 months now and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. The Vehicle was a trade in at the dealership I work at. I have always wanted a Cavalier so I inspected it and test drove it right away. It had 119,000 miles on it and the only problem I noticed was it was leaking antifreeze very fast so I new it wasn't the head gasket. I decided to purchase the Cavalier knowing I could replace the water pump myself for $15.00 with lifetime warranty! After I fixed the water pump I have never had a single problem with the vehicle. I drive it everyday to work, pleasure and trips and it has never let me down. People writing bad reveiws don't know how to take care of cars.

The size, shape and peppiness. It handles amazing turning on a dime and handles perfect in all weather.

None.

Blown mind
By jim

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

Purchased this car from a friend. Car has seen better days with the scratches and typical rust. But after about 154,000 miles engine seized. Good cars I just found a bad one in the six I have owned.

Fact a six foot person like myself fits comfortably inside with room to stretch