Used 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Not fancy but good value
By Dan

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan

Not a fancy car but great value. 65k miles and only replaced starter (03), alternator (07), 2 tires (06), brakes (06), and AC (06) so far. For the price I paid it's great.

Cheap and basic but roomy inside for a compact car.

It's noisy on the highways

Love it
By blondie

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I bought this car about 2 years ago and wanted a cheap but yet nice sporty looking car and when I saw this one I knew it was the one! I haven't had any problems with it besides very minor knock on wood. It's a good little car and you can add the fun tall lights and tint the windows and let me tell you its a looker!

Body style! Alloy rims

Windshield wipers should be a recall

Great car
By nick

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

I had two recalls. That is good in my book. This car is great on fuel and cheap to run. Overall it's a great car. Even at 270,000 km it's running great.

The paint. The look overall

A better seam on the bottom of the doors. A little rust starting

Cavalier is a worthy car to own one.
By Road Runner 2000

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

Driving control and stability is excellent, especially on highways, comparing to the car in the same segment such as Civic, Corolla and Focus. Surprisingly, it's even better than Camary and Accord of the same year model. The acceleration is very impressive even though equipped with a shy horsepower engine. However, the engine is torquey. That compensates for the car's weight quite well. Fuel consumption is outstanding on highways and resonable in town. Car's appearance is handsome, and roomier than the like ones. C-Pillar looks very beautiful. I like this the best.

C-pillars. Acceleration, driving stability and manuvering. Seat comfort. Roomy cabin. Storage net in the trunk, and folding back seat.

Reduce the car's weight. Lower the ground clearance. Split folding back seat. Everthing else is good.

A sad goodbye
By Kristina

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Convertible

I bought my convertible new in 1998. I love this car. I have owned this car for 8 years. My car had 140,000 miles at the time of its death. My car was totaled by a full size Explorer (and the car took the hit). My Cavalier was the best car I ever owned. It never gave me any real problems except for the AC went out once but it was an easy fix. I am sad to see this car go.

The speed of the 4cylinder is so fast. Cruising with the top down.

Nothing