Used 1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Chevy Cav
By sunnygrl2930

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

Love the car, love the way it drives, just diappointed about the head gasket. But I bought it with more than 100k anyway. Love the gas mileage. Love driving it. Never owned a Cav before, but my next car will be a Cav, too. Two door. Love them. Love the way it looks and sits.

Not have the head gasket or the ignition go bad on all of them. And have the recall acutally take care of the problem.

I Love My Cavy!
By luvmycavy

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

Really fun to drive. Not very reliable though.Cramped with many people in the car but perfect just for me. Needs more horsepower. Perfect first car. LOVE IT!

Design, very sporty and manueverable.

Horsepower, performance.

Worst choice of my life
By disturbedchic

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan

Bought a '95 Cavalier to replace what I thought was an ailing car I should've kept. In the 7 months I've owned the car it's had mechanical problems 6 times. First day I got it found out something was wrong with the transmission which would make it freeze up and not switch gears when it warmed up. The water pump busted and I went through 4 jugs of antifreeze before it could get fixed, transmission started to go, car would max out at 50, back door popped right open one day around a turn, and just recently it would take a city block to get it to 30mph and the whole exhaust system nearly touches the ground while the converter looks ready to blow.

Good space on the interior and looks sharp on the outside, gas mileage decent.

Unless mine was a fluke or a bad year build a better car overall with reliable trans and more accessible parts under the hood (spark plugs horrid to change). Needs smoother ride and more comfy seats. Engine needs more power.

Head Gaskets-Bad
By Sandy

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

This car went trough its first set of head gaskets under 12,000 miles, then again in the 20,000's. These first two times it was under warrenty. But it went again, this time I had to pay. It is not cheap. You think Chevy would have recalled or taken care of this problem. I was not the only one. So can you guess what this car needs now again for the 4th time? Yes, head gaskets again... So you know that this time I will not buy a Chevy again. They just don't take care of their customers. Time to buy a Honda Civic.

It was great in winter snow, handled fine and started in the cold. Had great gas mileage for an inexpensive auto.

Head gasket, brakes, crash test results, and owner loyality reviews.

NEVER buy again
By Cavalier hater

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

I bought this car from my mechanic in
2000. I have had nothing but problems
with it since purchasing it. I had to
replace the transmission, I have had
leaks in the oil and radiator. The A/C
works, but using it causes the car to
overheat. Problems w/ the starter and
acceleration, very noisy. Speakers on
the driver's side don't work, door
panneling is falling off, and locks are
falling off. This car is in the shop
every 3-4 months. I had a '87 Olds that
drove better and needed less repairs. My
b/f has a 2001 Cavalier and is having
problems with it as well. I wouldn't
recommend buying this
car used.

Large trunk, and fold down back seat. I can always get all my gear in the car. However, the newer models seem to have less cargo room. Nice sporty look. Good gas milage. Holds the road nicely.

Make cup holders that are functional. Improve the mechanics and reliability. Improve construction, car litterally falls apart after about the 3rd year on the road. Improve gas milage. 2004 Cavalier's are UGLY, change that. Improve quality. currently not a car to own >4yrs.