Used 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Keeping it as log as possible
By Great little car

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

Took my big Ford F-150 off the road as gas was getting too expensive for the mileage I got on it. Bought the car with a lot of mileage and little rust. Runs great, great on gas. Close to 40 mpg. Put 12,000 miles on it with no problems. Replaced rear brakes and self installed a new heater core. Very little room under the dash. I'm very impressed with the vehicle. Obviously the previous owner(s) took care of it especially up here in Maine with all the salt on the roads in winter

Great gas mileage. Can go 545 miles on one tank. Easy to replace radio with satellite radio. Comforatble to drive and can keep up well on the interstate. Interior and exterior styling are great.At times the power door locks are a hassle but this is minor.

None that I can think of.

Extremely Reliable
By Tim in SLC

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when it was one year old and had 10,000 miles on it. It now has 117,000 miles onit. It has been a real workhorse. I've been extremely pleased with its performance and reliability. I've had no major repairs -- only normal wear items like brakes, batteries, alternators and tires. I wish every car I bought was as dependable as this car has been. Unfortunately, the car was totaled yesterday when a pickup truck ran a red light and smashed the front end. I'm in mourning for my great little red Cavalier.

Power locks, power windows, A/C, fold- down rear seat backs (for hauling long items)

Had a minor problem with the pin inside the tilt steering mechanism.

Unbelieveable Car
By this car rocks

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I bought my Z24 new in 1994 with only 3,000 miles, and besides regular maintence, have not touched it yet. I drove it till my daughter got her liscence and then gave it to her. I'ts still rust free, runs strong, and is the fastest car in the family. Great handling at high speeds, and fun to drive no matter what. Handles unbelieveably in the snow. Better than my four wheel drive SUV. All in all, its a great car.

3.1L V6, handling, CD Player, easy and cheap to fix, lasts and lasts.

Nothing

Think's its a muscle care!
By JohnTrips

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I found this car as a trade on a backlot, with 80k miles. It was cherry, and has treated me very well. Like any car, you better take care of it though (fluids, oil) if you want it to last. Does tend to run hot by design but you can add an electric thermostat to fan relay to turn on fan earlyer. A little common sense will keep the v6 running perfect to 200k miles no sweat! competitve gas mileage,well built powertrain, INCREDIBLE handling, plus enjoyable power (and exhaust rumble) Get the 5 speed! This makes a great first car for your teenager, good to work on at mome plus with a few performance mods will make this a REAL head turner. Great crash ratings too

Body style, engine power and sound. It's easy to work on and Outruns most hondas stock!

Bring back old Cavalier body style, ditch the Cobalt's roller skate look! 94 was the last year to get a fun Cavalier.

One problem after another
By Bob Koenig

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I bought this car when it was only four years old and it didn't take long for things to start going wrong. At first I started having problems with the electrical system. I had to replace the alternator. Next,the car started over heating, I had to replace the thermostat. Then the gears started slipping and I had to get the transmission rebuilt. Then the compressor for the air conditioner stopped working, I could hardly tell, since the air was never cold in the first place. After that I had problems with the emissions control system and had to replace the E.G.R. value. The car never was the same after that; it would stall if you didn’t keep your foot on the gas pedal; very dangerous.

It was still worth $1500 during a "Push, Pull or Drag it in Sale" at a Toyota Dealership.

Total redesign. Better quality parts for the interior, exterior and engine. The car is just cheap and alarming unreliable .