Used 2019 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Camaro for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

A refined BEAST! Camaro 1SS A10

Howie, 07/10/2019
1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Why Edmunds can't have the correct trim in the drop-down menu is pure laziness on their part. There is no choice for A10, only 6M. Got my '19 1SS for $33,090 before tax/lic due to dealer discounts and I had a Mustang GT so got a $2500 rebate with that as well. The performance of this car is incredible even if I paid $50K. The A10 shifts really quick and is super smooth and rarely ever hunts for gears. It's a blast with the paddles, manual shifting or just put in D and keep it S mode or T on the freeway if you want. Mine is all stock except for a Borla s-type catback. It sounds soooooo good without being overly loud or obnoxious. I think the car looks awesome too with the stock 20s and staggered tires. Full power seat, apple car-play standard are big pluses. Handling and power are on another level. Comfort is very good. Only negative is visiblity which is mostly a hindrance at low speeds around islands in parking lots b/c of the high door sills. Otherwise on the road, hardly ever an issue for me. Gas mileage of course isn't good but hwy can be almost 30 when just cruising in 4cyl mode. I average 17.5 overall. If you want a car that drives/performs well above its price point and sounds like complete beast doing it, look no further.

Not made for snow

Lorena Hodges, 06/01/2019
1LS 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

It's a beautiful car but I can't handle it during bad weather. I put it in my garage and drive my Cavalier in the winter!

1LT Turbo

JJS777_FZR, 05/05/2020
1LT 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

As an owner of a ‘14 Challenger and ‘04 Monte Carlo SS, the Camaro in the 6th gen form is an exceptional value. Some folks will never get over a 4 cylinder turbo offering despite the fact it is 2020. Detractors will flail there hands in the air asking where’s the v8. I would not suggest a first time driver or a young driver with little experience buy a Camaro due to blind spots and overall lack of visibility. However, if you have driving experience the Camaro is fine. You adjust to the blind spots as you do in any car. I find zero issues driving it. So many reviews are negative on the bunker like interior. My gosh this is what makes it a stand out and NOT a me too car. If you want outward visibility and 95% views buy a Kia. Going back and forth between the Challenger and Camaro there is not mistaken the Camaro is the sports car. I love that GM offered the LTG engine I4 turbo in this Alpha platform. Coupled with the strong platform and lightweight of the I4 you have the makings of a great handling car. Want a bigger trunk? Buy a Challenger. The Camaro is the girl that gets invited to the Prom because she looks sexy as hell. As I was always a V8 or nothing enthusiast I am pleasantly surprised at how well the turbo engine Camaro performs. Take a look at the aftermarket offerings and these inline 4 cylinder boosted cars are quicker than you may think. Turbo threshold and lag, sure. It ok. And I haven't even talked about the less cost to insure. Btw if you drive nice you can get over 550 miles to a tank. I’m glad I don’t base my buying decisions on reviews entirely. Go test drive it. See for yourself.

A Real ‘Muscle’ Car! (2017 2-SS Coupe with Auto)

rah2012, 09/28/2019
2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

PROS: Handling; Styling; Performance; Gas mileage; Comfort; Build Quality. CONS: Handling (Summer Only Tires); Gas Mileage; Cruise Control; Blind Spots; Comfort; Trunk Size. Desired Enhancements: Better rear end grip (wider tires/rear; Better Sight Lines; A little more trunk space. RATINGS (based on 5-star system): Comfort: 3;Interior: 3;Performance: 5;Quality: 4;Reliability: 5;Safety: 4;Styling: 5;Technology: 4;Value: 4. General Overview This is the ‘Initial Review’ of this vehicle. I purchased it via the manufacturers Certified Previously Owned (CPO) program from a local Chevrolet Dealership. I traded my 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost for it. You can see my reviews of that vehicle elsewhere on Edmund’s and Kelly Blue Book (KBB) websites. There was “NOTHING” wrong with the Mustang, I just wanted a change and wanted to experience that V8 power and sound one more time (I previously owned a 1972 Dodge Challenger R/T and 1970 Oldsmobile 442). With this purchase I’ve been blessed to own and survive a version of each “Muscle Car!” Although the vehicle was not in the color I wanted, it did have “ALL” the features I wanted, and at a reduced rate. It even came with a two-year manufacturer’s full warranty and maintenance. I’ve admired this version of the Camaro since it appeared in the Transformer movie, and considered purchasing it before I purchased the 2016 Mustang. I’m glad I waited as the updated 2017 model looks a little more mature and cohesive. I really like the vehicle lines, 4-tip exhaust outlets and rims. As many have documented, the outward visibility is challenging, but bearable. Personally, I only find the rear visibility more challenging than that of the Mustang. The front and side visibility are equivalent, however I find I don’t have to adjust my side-view mirrors as much as I did in the Mustang. For some reason I could not find a setting for the Mustang mirrors that ‘always’ suited me. This included the rearview mirror. I don’t know what the issue was with the side-view mirrors, but the issue with the rearview mirror may have had something to do with it always vibrating, something the Camaro’ does not do. The driving feel of the Camaro is the best I’ve experienced, ever. I’ll say more when I explain my ratings, but I’ll just say it’s quick! The Mustang was fast, but the power delivery from the Camaro is instantaneous and forceful. Yea, I know it’s kind of comparing apples to oranges, but the EcoBoost Mustang is pretty fast and handles well. Explaining the Ratings In rating this vehicle I’m comparing it directly with the EcoBoost Mustang and loosely with the 1972 Challenger and 1970 Cutlass 442. I’ll say right off the bat the older vehicles don’t hold a candle to the new muscle, but they defined the segment. They were fast for their day but did not have the handling and braking of today’s muscle cars. OK, it’s a muscle car and not expected to be overly comfortable. However, when I compare its comfort against that of the Mustang, I give it one less star. The Camaro seats don’t fit me as well as did the Mustangs, its interior is not sorted as well, and it’s a little more ‘plastically’ than the Mustang, however it rides better. The better ride is more than likely due to the Magnetic Ride Control suspension in the Camaro. The Camaro handles the rough sections of road near my residence with much more aplomb than did the Mustang. Where the Mustang was a little jarring over these sections, the Camaro smoothed them out, at least when it Touring Mode. The glove compartment and center console of the Camaro are not as deep or as well designed as that of the Mustang, therefore they’re not as useful. Compared to the older vehicles, neither vehicle has much storage space. The Camaro has a tighter interior than the Mustang. With my 6’ 1” frame, neither vehicle offers seating behind the driver’s seat, but the space behind the passenger seat in the Camaro is also tight. While I can still transport two other passengers, the rear seat occupant may not be my friend after the journey! The Camaro’ windows, especially the rear glass, are harder to clean than those in the Mustang. It can be really frustrating cleaning the lower section of the rear glass where it meets the rear shelf. Ouch! PRO/CON Insights: I’m always receiving “positive” complements about this vehicle, especially how the rims set it off. It however does not receive comments like I received about the Mustang. The performance is good and surpassed my expectations. I’ve not personally tested/verified the performance numbers, but there are plenty of automotive review experts (and some amateurs) who have, and I’m satisfied my vehicle’ performance falls within their perimeter’s, or at least it feels so too me. This is a comfortable traveling vehicle for 2-adults and their luggage. If the small trunk does not have enough space, you can drop the rear seatbacks to expand the luggage space. This should provide more than enough luggage capacity for two.