2013 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Review: Checking in at 40K miles

2013 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible - Consumer Review

Checking in at 40K miles
By chuckfromli on

2013 Chevrolet Camaro SS 2dr Convertible w/2SS (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

At 40,000 miles, I've had the exhaust system replaced under warranty due to a slight noice. Chevrolet was great in covering this as there was really nothing wrong with it, but they were able to duplicate the spring like creaking sound that occurred under light throttle as a valve that opens and closes on the exhaust. The dealer also provided me a nice loaner car for a week while they got the parts.
I also had to go for front brakes, and that was very expensive. The service advisor recommended GM rotors and pads, saying he's had trouble with complaints regarding squealing with non OEM parts.
So front pads and rotors, an oil change, and a tire rotation was $500!
The same dealer was unable to duplicate a wet floor behind the front passenger seat. There is a service bulletin concerning this, something about the top having a bladder in it and drains that connect to the bladder. It's not terrible, but it's damp on the rear floor right side sometimes.
Anyway, the service bulletin would not cover my car since it was out f warranty and even my extended warranty did not cover it. Beware those closer guys in the dealership who sell you the extended warranty. Mine told me "I would get the extended warranty just because the car is a convertible and you could have a problem with the top that might be expensive to repair". I realized after I got home and read the contract that convertible tops were excluded, LOL. I know I could have cancelled the warranty, but I let it go just in case I had any other major issues.
I've also now done five roundtrips from NY to FL in the car, and it's a love/hate relationship. It's just not a comfortable car for 12 hour days.

• Climate control
  • Entertainment
  • Dealership support
  • Engine
  • Transmission
  • Electronics

• Rear seats
  • Maintenance cost

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review