Used 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

2SS 6.2L V8 6-speed Manual - (72 reviews )

Very Pleased
By Jeff

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I ended up with the red jewel v8 because I was unwilling to wait any longer for the ordered white v6. I'm so glad I did because it's the first question/observation that everyone makes about my car (big engine?). Once I tinted the windows, this car became one of the most awesome looking cars on the road. The blind spots that people talk about are real so don't buy this car if you can't drive proficiently with mirrors. It's also fun to remote start the v8 and watch bystanders jump out of their skin! My true test of a vehicle is that if something unforeseen happened to this car tonight, would I take the insurance check and buy it again tomorrow - WITHOUT A DOUBT I WOULD BUY THE EXACT CAR AGAIN!

The overall look of the car and the reaction that people have when they see it. When you step on the gas - it GOES! I find myself using the cruise control to keep it from running out from under me. It's the most fun I've had driving a car in quite awhile. I also love the iPod integration via USB!

I do tend to scrape the under nose on curbs when pulling all the way into a parking space. Some accent lighting to highlight the garage door buttons would be nice.

2010 Camaro SS/RS Fantastic Ride
By Tony

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Wow!! What a great muscle car. This is a very cool modern day muscle car. The power is incredible and the braking is excellent. I really like the interior design. The steering wheel is very cool. I have been a Ford guy most of my life and currently have 2 older muscle cars. The new GM Camaro is just all around cool and fun!! Best looking ride on the road at this time in my opinion. If you like attention get this car. I got the Victory Red SS/RS 6 Speed Manual with black leather. No sunroof. This ruins the lines on the roof. I also like the XM radio and the interior ambient lighting. The interior of this car looks awesome at night. Finally the front halo HID lights are nice and look great.

6.2 L LS3 POWER! What a great engine. 6 Speed Manual Trans. Great Brembo Brakes. Styling is a 10 out of 10. Comfortable ride. RS Package is great along with the 20 inch chrome wheels. Buy this car. You will love it!

Need Navi system. I would also like to see the heads up display that I have in my 98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP.

A beast with manners.
By LVR

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

It took me a while to warm up to the Camaro. Perhaps it was my own belief that, other than the C6 Corvette, "old" GM wouldn't/couldn't truly build a decent performance car. But my daughter nearly begged me to look at the new Camaro. So I did the research plus read a ton of "professional" and consumer reviews before even taking a test drive. I did the same on Jaguar XK, Mercedes CL series, Porsche, Cadillac XLR, Corvette, Lexus SC, Infinity and BMW sport sedans. Then selectively test drove the other cars again. Yes, I over analyzed it, but I usually keep and use my cars for a long time. I bought the Camaro and haven't looked back. I've driven it on long trips and it's my daily driver.

Far more sophisticated than its predecessors the Camaro's drivability, comfort, and features compare well with "superior" brands. The styling speaks for itself. I love the way it handles. At will you can awaken the beast to experience all the muscle car fury then cage it again for the drive home.

Interior plastic could be better. If you're over 5'4" you won't fit in the back seat... under 5'4" and its tolerable. But the back seat isn't why you buy the car. You can flip it down and you have plenty of cargo room. Visibility... adjust the mirrors and learn how to use them, you'll be just fine.

Cost Per Laugh Still Going Down
By Ziggy

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Got all the toys; V8/2SS/RS, 21" black rims, black ground effects, hood stripe and sun roof. It's not yellow or red (it's silver) and yet people see it coming from a mile away. And OMG it's a kick in the pants to drive! With properly placed mirrors, there are no blind spots when driving down the road. But when backing out of a parking spot, hopes and prayers work best because you can't see squat. And it takes a little practice getting it into a tight spot in the garage. But who cares!!! Did I mention how much fun it is to drive? I went to a coffee shop close to a police station the other day and by the time I got back to the car, cops were circling and gawking. Now THAT was fun!

Are you kidding?! LOOK AT IT!!! All the gawking and rubbernecking is getting the chiropractors in town a little extra business! The 21" rims are pricey, but you'll know they're worth it the first time you pull up to a light and see people staring at them.

Get rid of the 1st-4th gear only shift at specific rpm/speeds. It's not saving any gas; just causing me to go back to 1st and speed up when I realize I can't get into 2nd or 3rd. Going from 1st to 4th causes lugging.

One fun packed ride!
By Brett

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I'm still very much in the honeymoon stages with this new purchase but I've been very impressed so far. The exterior lines on this car are hard to beat with the big 20" wheels. Interior comfort was not compromised in this design either. Have not had a chance to really test the big V8 just yet due to break in mode but that time will come soon. I must say that I already like this machine more than my 2003 Z06 Vette. The smaller side windows create a couple significant blind spots but that is something that one can get used to with appropriate mirror settings etc. These windows are a big part of the cars overall appearance from my perspective ... giving it an almost chopped look.

Exterior lines, big power, comfortable front seats, good fuel economy, cool wheels and American Made! The car also has a fantastic light package, both interior and exterior.

None so far. I hope it stays that way! Well done Chevy!