Used 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 1SS Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS

1SS 6.2L V8 6-speed Manual - (14 reviews )

The King of the Road
By Mboily

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

For the past 20 years I've been driving second hand vestige cars & I decided to get myself a birthday present; A sport car. Guess what, I got a true super sport car instead for the same price! The Actual King of the American Roads, Oh yes, no other car attracts more attention and the reason is simple: Power and Style combine with an efficient design (interior & exterior). GM really got it all right, none of the regular bin parts or the usual adding of unnecessary molding or gimmicks to fill space. It's a simple and clean classic sport car design, finally! I just can't stop glaring & driving this car fast or slow. Every time I hop in, I know I'm driving something special and it makes me a happy man.

Since I'm 6'4", never an American sport car made me feel comfortable like this Car does.(no sunroof) The wheel fits perfectly in my big hands. The manual stick shift is amazingly soft, quick and direct. The driving position is fabulous, even the visibility is good. I love the music of the 6.2 L.WOW!

At high speed the steering wheel becomes a bit to numb in the center. The low fuel warning should continue to display the range left on the tank as well. Better gas mileage. My average is 15 MPG. Add the up and down adjustable passenger seat, short people do not see the road at all.

Orange Camaro 1SS
By Tom Fearer

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Highs: Great exterior body lines and excellent straight line performance. Multimatic paddle shifters are precise and have minimal to no shift delay. Handles close to the Mustang GT but not quite as well. Independent rear suspension creates a smoother ride that the Mustang. 14 inch Brembos really help stopping distances. Cloth seats are comfortable and look good. Current fuel economy is 17 MPG which is higher than expected. Lows: Some of the interior sight lines are difficult to see out of especially in the back which, is overcome by well placed mirrors. I would have liked an option of interior color other than black because it shows dust easily.

The exterior styling just plain great. The 400 hp L99 is quick and responsive. The ride and handling are well balanced. For a car with this much power and performance capability I don't know why anyone would ever spend the extra $14,000 for a base Corvette.

Offer more color options for the interior. The single color plastic and cloth would really be offset well with a body colored two tone look like the 2010 Indy Pace Car. Sight lines take some getting used to but are functional, besides you would not want to alter the beautiful exterior in any way.

2010 Black Angel
By Nancy

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've only had my Camaro SS for 2 weeks now. But all I can say is OMG! The performance is awesome. Build quality is fabulous. Some of the reviews mention the limited outward visibility; however, it's not that much worse than the mustang or challenger. Not a deal breaker in my opinion. I've always loved good ol' American Muscle and this car exemplifies that to the nth degree. Chevy is finally putting out well built vehicles and it shows. If you want a 69 buy a 69, otherwise take the new camaro for what it's worth, a great combination of old and new. 2010 Camaro = HOMERUN!

Appearance, performance, comfort, quality.

Thinner pillars to improve visibility.

Seriously fun !!!!
By Jason

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Only had the car for a week and I cannot get enough !! I now love to drive at any speed or on any road. I have a few more miles to go before the motor is broken in so I have not yet felt this monsters full potential. It's truly a carnival ride - so fast. My first muscle car and I could not be more satisfied! The car is a magnet for attention and I got a victory red one to boot so it is unavoidable to the human eye.

The over-all appearance. The car looks like a predator waiting to attack - extremely intimidating. The presence of the hood in your frontal view - this may be a throwback muscle car quality but it enhances the driving experience. The power of the engine is undeniably present and often surprising.

Nothing worth mentioning. I bought the car for the power and shape.

Aqua Blue Beautiful Beast!
By RS-1SS

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Picked up my pre-ordered 2010 aqua blue metallic 1ss a week ago. What power on this puppy! I am so happy I picked aqua blue, this color makes the car look gorgeous. People stare ALL the time and compliment many times. The sports cloth interior impresses me very much. Everything has been smooth with the car so far. Sunroof well worthed. One word of advice.. If you are debating between the V6 and the V8, get the V8. I was about to get the 6 cylinder, but I changed my mind in time and now have an awesome V8 that rocks almost anything on the street. The power for the price is just amazing. What a hot car... Very very happy so far..

Overall exterior looks, Boston acoustics sound system, sunroof, upgraded wheel package, premium cloth seating very nice, ENGINE!, just a beauty

Really nothing at all. I would say blindspots, but who cares. Its like a race car. Nothing else at this point.