Used 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews - 165 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Camaro

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Good
By MR.CLEMOS

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Everything is good just bought it like 2 months ago selling it cause I need money.

3.6 v 6 timing chain
By John I

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

DO NOT BUY the 3.6 v 6 engine. This has a faulty design on the timing chains. Check engine light came on at 52,724 miles and coded P008 & P0017. Chevy dealer said needs timing chains, cost $3,000. GM has issued extended warranties for 10 years and 120,000 miles on other makes and models with the 3.6 v6 for timing chains. NOT ON THE CAMARO....They acknowledge a problem under their Customer Satisfaction Program 10287. The only problem is their Customer Satisfaction Program is of absolutely NO HELP if you own a Camaro. They want you to foot the whole bill. Google Camaro timing chain and read all the other complaints from other owners for the same problem. The car however looks great parked in my driveway. "Time for my wife to give me a ride in her Nissan to the flower shop so I can buy flowers to plant on my expensive Camaro planter living in the driveway."

Exceptional for it's purpose
By Jeffrey

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

The 2010 Camaro LT is powerful in its V6 form, though leaves some torque to be desired. It's a very heavy car but it hugs the road and takes corners surprisingly well. The vehicles interior is the standard with Chevrolet, on the cheaper side compared to its European contemporaries but it is suiting to the cars looks, very comfortable, and easy to maintain and keep clean. The vehicle has given me a few electrical issues but never anything extremely hard to fix, and never any engine trouble. The XM radio antenna developed a leak into the vehicle around 60,000 miles which caused a conflagration of electrical issues in the cabin area because of water penetration. I am an owner in Washington state so rain is common and constant. The dealership and Chevrolet refused to assist me with the issue because it falls outside the warranty, beware this manufacturing defect.

Sweet car, bad dealership
By Buckeyedrifter86!

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've had this car for a couple of years now and it's been the time of my life! Awesome acceleration, great handling and even the gas mileage from a large engine is solid, even better compared to my old Scion TC. If anything, my only grips are the difficulty in installing a Hurst Shifter as you have to drop the transmission 5 inches. Also, Chevy needs to change their customer service standards. I bought the car from a Chrysler dealership and they were laughably better compared to the Chevy. But the actual car is awesome; a blast to drive and easy/fun to work on. Lots of thumbs up on the street and on the track.

2010-2013 Best looking 5th gen camaros
By Miguel Ramos

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Im gonna start by saying that i love muscle cars, especially v8s. This camaro caught my eye and i had to buy it. I bought it used with 16k miles for $24k last year. When i test drove this car i was like wow. The acceleration was like nothing else i have drove, but then again im 22 and only had drove a toyota celica gt 2002. I always get complitments on the car. They asked me v8 or v6? When i tell them v8, they are like wow i wish i had one. Initially i was going to get a corvette 2009 but when i test drove the camaro i was sold, not only for the looks and power but also because it has 4 seats. Im a truck driver and to be honest the blind spots dont bother me much but they are annoying sometimes. I have drove it only 3k miles so i dont know much about the reliability. Gas mileage is ok for a v8 but i knew what i was buying. Interior is nice but could had been better. I love the red leather seats and the inside of the doors. Also when you drive this car you sit low and it feels like a tank but does handle teally good.