Used 2002 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Camaro

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Vette powertrain in a cheap box
By larry

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have 105,000 miles on this car and it runs/drives like new. Still gets 23mpg and I do not drive it easy! Can't find more bang for the buck performancewise anywhere. Mustang drivers still look at these with respect 5yrs after they're no longer made. It's has a cheap, plasticky, rattly interior, but if that starts to bug you just punch the gas and you'll remember why you tolerate this thing.

Power, handling, readily available aftermarket parts. Great response to performance add-ons

Keep basic interior, just improve quality feel of materials. Offer a reasonably priced 450hp LS6 3:73 geared drag race edition

Simply a must have kind of car
By Camaroholic

2002 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This car is amazing. I have owned it for a couple months, and in that time, I have had a blast with it. Drifting is fun with the ASR (acceleration-slip reduction) off, and downshifting from 5th into 4th while going down the road just to get the feeling of being thrown back into the seat is just indescribable. I would've gone for a Z28/ SS, but for an entry-level sports car, I saw the base Camaro as a perfect idea

White exterior, power seats, power windows, 5-speed, 200 horses hiding under the hood, the aggressive rumble of the exhaust when accelerating from an intersection, sleek body style, t- tops, jealousy looks from those who pass by

Make remote keyless entry systems mandatory on every Camaro, even the base models. Give the already semi- powerful 3.8 liter engine more power

Great Car- Reliability, Mileage, and Looks
By treavey

2002 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This is a really great car that has never given me any trouble. Routine maintenance is all you will ever need. And I usually get about 20 MPG in- town. Plus, its very stylish and looks great!

Finally got a blue one
By kahlme2002

2002 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

There has got to be something good here. They were used for police cars. They are headturners. Haven't had it in any weather yet, so I'm waiting to see. Can't believe when they end a tradition they make a plain base car. But it handles nice, ride is pretty good for sport, gas mileage isn't bad. It is a bit wide to see with the mirrors.

Color, dark blue, outside body style. Stereo. Not to bad to work on as far as changing oil and transmission fluid, especially if you're female. The style of cut on the windows is cool. It is one major head turner.

Bring it back with better seats as far as adjustments. Nothing that raises spots in the car like gas tanks, catalytic converters or other equipment. Lower the console a bit or raise the seat. Maybe a baby blue color for us wildside generation women.

Best starter car ever!
By John

2002 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first car. My dream car was always a Z28/SS Camaro with a 6-speed. Well I didn't get that, but I got my 2002 silver Camaro with black stripes. And a 5-speed. This car is so fun to drive. The mileage is amazing. On the way up from seeing my sister I got 28 mpg. It is very easy to get the tires lit up also. If I had the choice I'd go for the V8 any day, but the cost of gas and tires these days the V6 is just more practical.

The fun to drive factor.

The interior quality could be a little better there are little sqeaks in the t-tops other than that no complaints.