2002 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Review: 2002 Camaro Z28, LS1-6 Speed

2002 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Review

2002 Camaro Z28, LS1-6 Speed
By Tom Miller on

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Having owned more than 20 cars over the past 30 years, I can say that my 2002 Z28 Camaro is the best vehicle I've ever owned. I've added some performance and handling bolt-ons, along with the Hypertech Power Programmer and the results are fantastic. 0-60mph in 4.5sec, 1/4 mile in 12.7sec, and I've cruised at over 160mph. Normal driving I average 24.5- 28.4 highway and 14-16 city. I use only synthetic lubricants (engine, gearbox & rear axle); Mobil-1 for the engine with Z-Max additive. Soon, I'll be adding the GM Performance Parts LS1- to-LS6 conversion (heads & cam, 2002 Z06 Corvette) and a F.A.S.T. LSX Intake with a ZEX Nitrous setup. Love my 2002 Z28. Thanks Chevrolet!

GEN III Small Block V-8 (LS1/LS6) Engine, T56 6-Speed OD Trans, 500-watt factory CD stereo, dash layout, body styling, front seat comfort and safety features. Also, great fuel economy with good (310-380) horsepower.

LS6 engine as a factory option. Gear ratios in transmission-different ratios available as option. Stronger rear axle. Slightly larger brakes. Bring back the RPO 1LE SCCA Showroom Stock Racing suspension package.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review