Used 2002 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

My Quarter Million mile Z28 runs like new.
By Wade Buff

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

There are so many things I love about this 250,000+ mile car as my daily driver. The Z28 gets a lot of positive attention for a 16 year old car. With regular maintenance and a few inexpensive repairs I expect this car to be able to go another 100,000 miles at least. 27.5 mpg highway and 20 mpg normal drive to work. The car is completely stock and quite. Ride is comfortable. Quality tires have a big impact on ride, noise & handling - buy quality tires for this sort of car. If the ride is rough on a used one, it's probably time to replace all the shocks. My car had 13 years of dealer maintenance records with it when I purchased. When correctly maintained these are fantastic reliable cars. This is my third LS1 4th Gen. Still have my 99 Trans Am which I bought new and is street/strip car now and previously had another 02 Z28.

Catchy car
By Albert Humbertson

2002 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

We purchased this car new in November 2001. We have owned Camaros since 1968. I think we enjoy this one the most. Peppy and fun to drive.

Dale Erhardt Edition SS convt.
By Dale

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Best Camaro I ever owed. Only about 1300 Convts Made.This is a Old Style Muscle Car with up to Date Features. A Keeper....Get One Now before they are 100 Grand...

T-Top Fun
By Andrew Gabel

2002 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Good performance from old school V-6 and automatic transmission. Easy on the fuel costs and insurance. Lotsa light and air from the simple on/off T-Tops. Not a winter/snow car. Rebuilt AC is plenty cool. Still draws compliments after two decades.

GREAT first ride 3.8 v6 2002
By Chad

2002 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

the doors are made of fiberglass and tend to be broken easily both my driver door and passenger are broke...i have ro dukes of hazzard into driver door, just haven't fixed it yet lol but great power and reliability 210k had to replaced ignition coils, cats, the fuel pump both doors, o yea the danged ol O2 sensors which are expensive....even had car seat in back