Used 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Camaro

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Surprised and very happy
By Matt

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I wanted a convertible. I looked at the Sebring, SAAB, some Toyota (I forgot what) and the Mustang. Of all the cars I checked, the Mustang impressed me the most but was not the same fun car as my '67. One cold snowy winter day I saw an 01 Camaro on the used car lot. I took it for a ride and never bought a car so fast. Buying a used high performance convertible is not the safest buy. I bought the extended warranty realizing I was buying a car that may have been previously purchased for speed. It has been great. Did not need the extended warranty. Love the car. I hate to drive it in the winter because it is so attractive. I never want anything to hurt its appearance. Love it a lot

Love the looks, handling and exceptional reliability. I thought I might suffer on the reliability end but never had any mechanical issues. What a relief to buy a hot used car without mechanical issues. It is great to have a fun car to drive that is not an econobox and is sexy, hot and fun.

It has blind spot issues so I learned to use the mirrors alot. It has a tough turning radius...maybe a sports car thing. A problem in tight parking lots. It is an SS with wide tires The convertible boot is a bad design. The car is so great looking I am afraid it might be stolen.

Sweet Ride
By mike70230

2001 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought my '01 RS Camaro, and I must say, it is the nicest car I've ever driven. It rides so nice, and the car handles like no other. It pulls a lot of power, too, out of the 3.8 V6. Chevy hit the nail on the head with the '98-02 Camaro. I don't think they could make anything better. T-tops are an excellent alternative to a convertible, and the Monsoon sound system installed from the factory makes your music sound as good as your car looks. I recommend this car to anyone interested in a used sports car.

T-tops, 12 disc changer, steering wheel audio control, power windows/door locks

None

2001 Camaro V6
By RPD

2001 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This car is amazing. what a great deal you get a powerful v6 great styling and cargo room and pretty decent gas mileage!

Monsoon stereo system exterior styling t-tops factory rims and color (Bright Rally Red) Speed controlled volume versatility auto on/off for head lights

Clunky turn signal. Less rattle. Smoother ride (can be fixed easliy)

Outstanding Camaro SS
By Hal_396

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this car now for 5 years. I use it as a highway vechicle only, so it rarely gets used. It has held up well and is a blast to drive. Wish they still made the Camaro. Glad I bought one of the last ones made.

Sleek design and handling

Please bring back the Camaro GM!

My baby!
By CarmaroSS

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new, and only ride on weekends in dry weather. One of my pastimes is to get out in the country on early Sunday mornings when there is no traffic and let 'er go! Wouldn't trade it for too many cars. Made a few improvements - exhaust, skip-shift eliminator ,short-stick with reduced travel gate, and larger petals for heel & toe, grill. I'm considering 1owering springs, but don't want to stiffen the ride (Michigan roads - suggestions?). I also may get 18" wheels and tires.

Performance (acceleration and handling). Engine sound (with Borla exhaust), 6-speed, storage, appearance.

Stick shift travel and length. Smaller steering wheel airbag. Less front and rear overhang with reduced weight. More side support in seats, less tire clearance to fenders,