Used 1998 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1998 Chevrolet Camaro

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Amazing car
By Topher

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

Great economy for a 5.7 liter LS1 V8. I averaged 17mpg and I drive "agressively." The sound system was great, and even with sort of higher mileage, nothing was wrong with the car. It had previously had some leakage at the rear end, but it was sealed and I never heard from it again.

Monsoon sound, leather, 305 hp, (along with that V8 snarl) auto headlights

Fix the seals on the windows. They leak bad in the car wash.

Z28
By ep

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

Have 133,000 miles on it. I have owned this car since it had 55,000 miles on it. So far I have had to replace the fuel pump - twice, power steering pump, catalytic converters, oxygen sensors, and clutch. Right now the car is at the shop because it turned off on me suddenly on the freeway. The mechanic shop does not know what it wrong with it yet and has already racked a $1200 bill with the problem yet to be determined. If you want a reliable car stay away from this one. The acceleration might be OK, but in the long run, it's not worth the price.

The overdrive 6th gear that gets me about 27 mpg on the highway.

Reliability, interior comfort.

Brilliant Car
By Alan

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

I had an old pickup before I owned this car. It got 6 miles to the gallon and I knew I couldn't go for some puny V6 something. After seeing one of my buddy's 2000 Camaro RS I knew it was what I was looking for. I then later found gas mileage was astounding for the Z28 style for the Camaro, considering the engine. The car has mechanical genius written underneath with the LS1 suspension proving nothing is too harsh. The 350 shows acceleration through any gear and no matter what you throw at it, it performance flawlessly.

Two things: The engine and the LS1. Putting these together makes it a Camaro of its own.

Bigger rotors and maybe some new interior material.

An Underated monster
By stephen Passio

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

Throughout the time that I drove my Camaro, I have been nothing but impressed. It has been very reliable, I have had to do nothing to it but service it. It is a sharp looker, A head turner, and fairly comfortable. The interior makes you feel like you are in control of something major. As far as porformance goes, its a long way. The only car on the road you are going to meet that can pass you up is a 97 and up Corvette with a gutsy driver. Oh, and by the way, you can play with a Mustang Cobra without a worry in the world, its not even close. The harder you run this car, the better it performes.

The LS1. Its awsome.

Just keep packing on more power.

Great little car
By victim

1998 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

I have loved Camaros ever since I was little. I own a '69, and a '98 Camaro. Anyways, the Camaro is a great car. I have found it very reliable, and it has a lot of power for the small engine. I have never had any problems with it, and after 93,000 miles, the clutch is still fine. If you like Camaros, I would definitely suggest getting one, even if it is a v6. You won't regret it.

Easy to modify, and tons of options, and aftermarket parts (new intakes lids, camshafts, heads, ect) all for the v6, which is pretty nice.

Not as low to the ground, or change the front spoiler in some way, I always scrape it on hills.