Used 1995 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Chevrolet Camaro

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

The Best Car Ever!!
By Keith

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

I bought this car brand new. It has been the most reliable car. I store it every winter. I do yearly maintenance on it like changing the oil, flushing the radiator and transmission fluid. I usually take it on at least one long road trip a year and it is awesome to get it on the road and open it up. It just went over 80,000 miles and still snaps your head back on take off

Everything, the T-top, the engine, the sound.

Maybe adding more horsepower

Best Car I Ever Owned
By KSCamaro

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

Most reliable car I ever owned. I bought it used (8k) and has been my daily driver ever since. It has endured hot summers and cold winters in KS. T-top is still water-tight and no interior problems at all. In 9 years I replaced the clutch at 122k, a window motor, and recently O2 sensors, water pump, and optispark cap & rotor(155k). Still runs like a beast and doesn't use any oil. Took it to the dealer today and it is $2k to fix (exhaust leak on both sides..one side broken bolt in head from warped manifold). Also needs new struts & shocks ($750). Combined, cant justify the expense on a car worth $5-6k retail. So ends a great 9 years. I am trading it in on my next car.

I added a K&N cold box kit, Lingenfelter throttle body, MAF sensor, JET ignition, & Borla cat back..so I would say power is my fav feature. Good gas mileage. Transmission has been flawless. Good brakes other than the occasional ABS light. Did I mention power?

Fog lamp protectors would have been great. I kept replacing them the first few years; but gave up as I never got by more than a month before another one got creamed.

Z28
By Pat

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

The Z28 is one of the most amazing vehicles Chevrolet has ever designed. It's handling is very impressive for a 3300 lb rear wheel drive vehicle and it is just fun to drive. The LT1 is an impressive motor giving the Z28 275 hp and 325 ft-lbs torque. Nothing is better than its ominous growl that always turns heads. The Camaro Z28 was one of the last in the dying breed of the muscle car. I say that if you want an impressive car with a reputation get a Z28 yourself and let the good times roll.

LT1 350ci engine, BOSE stereo system, Four Wheel Disc Brakes, Anti-lock Brakes,and Leather Bucket Seats

None

Dont buy a 95 Camaro
By Former Camaro Owner

My boyfriend had owned a 95 Camaro for
3 years,when he bought it had arround
50,000 miles on it arround the last
year are so it started having problems
with the water pump and all of a sudden
we took it in for steam coming out of
engine the guy we took it to was very
knowledgeable and he said some how the
mantle block cracked and to fix one of
them it would cost arround 4,000 bucks
and now us being not at home anymore
and paying bills with hardly any money
we were S.O.L and it just kept getting
worse the last 2 days we had the camaro
it would over heat in 2 mintues of
turning it on and thank god the place
we traded it in they didnt even turn
the car on. The milliage at the end was
at 98,000

Very nice car the stereo was awesome lots of fun memories in the car.

Dont make the car so cheap when you need to fix something thats arround 1000+ to fix (Not a good car to have car payments on buy cash with it so you can afford the fixes)

Runs Strong
By MALOSO

reliable car, only had 1 major
problem. Gas was leaking into the oil
and caused the car to run erratic. Was
fixed and runs fine now. doesn't leak
oil and transmission is fine.

T-Tops, V-8 5.7 275 HP, limited slip, 325 lbs of pure American Muscle....

when the general introduces the Camaro in 2007, they need better interiors, Z28 badges somewhere on the dash, more power, no 2.73 gears.