Used 1995 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Chevrolet Camaro

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Pure enjoyment!
By Jason L

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

I love this car! I drive it about 3K a year, and cant keep my hands off of it. Nothing makes me look forward to my commute home than a 80 deg day and the keys to my 95 Z28 sitting on my desk. Mine is a 95 A4 with the Bose stereo. The car with 71k jumps off the line and pulls till you let off at 120! If you want even more fun get a SLP loud mouth exhaust and SLP cold air intake, these really wake the car up, not that it needs it. No creaks or rattles from the interior. Had to replace the drivers window motor, but that is it. Love this car!

T-tops, Bose stereo, LT-1 V8 with 275HP. The brakes are a huge improvement over my 89 L98/WS6 Trans Am.

None, GM nailed this car from the get go! There are 6 93-97 Z's in my circle of friends, and we LOVE em! Get one of these and NEVER sell it.

Back to the Dream
By BG

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

I owned a '84 Camaro in Europe, where they simply don't exist and I was some kind of a Celebrity...Forget this- they are great cars and after selling my BMW 840ci I jumped on the Z28, which is just awesome car; a bit rough on the edges, but truly one of the last real American Muscle Cars, doomed to extinction by Japanese hybrids, and European Grocery Carts! I love this car!

Power, handling, and body shape.

Dashboard

TOMZ Z28
By Thomas R Gagen

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

Since the day I bought this car, it has been the most fun car I have ever had. Even though you seem like you are sitting on the ground, that just makes it feel all the more powerful when you hit the gas. My wife calls this car my "change of life" car and I agree with her. I bought it shortly after my "last" divorce when I was 51 because I had never had a real "muscle" car. I now know what I was missing. I can proudly say that I have never gotten a ticket driving this car even though I know I have deserved a few. The original "Z" tires on this car only lasted 30k miles and I thought I must be me, but the second set only lasted another 30k and was told that was all I could expect from Z tires.

The power!!!!! Seats are comfortable even for a trip I made of 700 miles in one day. Top is very easy to put up and down (I seldom used the plastic cover for the top when it was in its down position). I got 15 mpg in town and about 20 on the hwy- didn't expect it to be that good.

Trunk interior lining was always moving-never stayed in place. Broke the hinge on the center console. Fog lights never lasted very long...burned out after a few months if left on while driving. The front driver's seat side panel had to be replaced (under warranty) because it wore very quickly.

255,000 miles and still going
By Bren

1995 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Convertible

Would you believe I have 255,000 miles on my Camaro with no major mechanical problems so far? Always thought that would be a volvo or saab, not a chevy. I've been very pleased with my car's longevity; just goes to show you what consistent oil changes do for you and good workmanship.

Top goes down with ease--never fails. The car has beautiful lines--very clean vs. a firebird or other muscle car.

My worst complaint is driving in the snow. I put lots of sand in back and bought snow tires to boot, but it's a frightening experience. More than once (before the snow tires) I haven't been able toclimb a hill in stop and go traffic and snow.

95' Camaro Z28 one of the best!
By Tony

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

I still can't believe GM did away with the Camaro! This is one of the finest sports cars ever built. First of all it had styling. This car really turned heads. It had performance. The stock 350 LT1 had plenty of hp for the average driver and was easy to upgrade with lots of aftermarket parts. It was a comfortable car to drive. I have a lot of fun with this car. Minimal repairs. I would recomend this car to anyone who would like to drive a fabulous sports car without emptying our your bank account. I perfer the 6 speed transmission for extra performance but the automatic still offers great performance too. I would purchase another one if I didn't have three already!

My favorite features are the 6 speed transmission. I also like the T-Bar roof. Great fun in the spring and fall months.

I like the car the way it is. No suggested improvements.