Used 1995 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Chevrolet Camaro

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Power to spare with 25 MPG
By glen

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

I am sixty years old and this is the fastest car I have ever owned. Nice styling, class, economy etc.

Power, engine roar, factory high Power,high performance factory exhaust, six speed transmission, wide tires and Bose stereo. I get a lot of attention where ever I go with my Blue Jet. Cost me five thousand dollars for a show room condition classic.

Everybody should have one!

My Aging Z28
By Bryan

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Z in the Spring of 2003 from a young guy who was the second owner. I think he must have ran the heck out of this baby, but it rode good on the test drive and he kept it spotless. I have had it 6 years and put 75,000 mile on her. The body has help up nicely and it is a fun and powerful car. The oil pump quit working 3 days after I bought it and it spun a crank bearing. I had a new LT1 motor in it which has been outstanding so far. The transmission has some poor factory engineering however. My mech. tells me that there is a drum in the tranny made of aluminum that is too fragile to handle the high torque output of the car. Basically Z28=fun/looks/$$$. But I'm not complaining

T-Tops-No Leaks, Lots of Power, Great Looks, Easy 2nd gear scratches, OK mpg for a V8. My Z is black (I think black cars show less age and more style). Very comfy for 2. Paint holds up very well, most of it is still original. Never had a problem with; AC, Power options, exhaust, steering/suspnsn

In 6 years I have put in 2 trannys ($1500 ea.) As it ages there are increasing electrical problems (minor). Trunk shocks go out after short time (cheap fix, but annoying). Fog lights go out too fast (difficult to replace and expensive $150 new, $75 used). Back seat and trunk size is a joke.

Fun! Fun! Fun!
By I Love My Z 28

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

I have owned this z 28 since new and could not bear to part with it. It's all black with the the black leather interior. I love this car but only drive it on weekends or sunny days. The only problem is with the Opti-Spark distributor, it has been replaced 3 times. The distributor sits under the water pump and shorts out if there is a leak. But I can accept that in a car that is this fun to own and drive!

Styling, The exhaust tone, The entire car!

The distributor needs better placement.

My First Muscle Car
By Jack

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

I've wanted a sports car ever since I started driving at 16. Now I'm 19 and got my wish. The car is amazing! I love to put the top down and go to the beach. However, I'm really afraid of it. Everytime it rains I fishtail. I don't even have to go hard on the gas. I hate to drive it in the rain. The top doesn't leak but the seal around the driver window does and when I open the door water spills in from the top. When I bought it the compressor for the a/c actually smoked because it would run hot. My top also squeaks and the passenger window is slower than the driver. I get excited every time I drive it and am so glad I got it, even though it has horrible mpg and rising gas prices.

I would say my favorite features are the power seat, electric trunk release. I love the power, fastest car I've ever had.

The radio definitely needs improvement. The stereo is okay, but the speakers can't handle a lot of bass. There also isn't a lot of space to reach engine parts under the hood. The steering is also a little hard compared to other cars I've had.

A true Beast!
By redz28boy

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback

Man this car is hot. I bought the 5.7L V8 and it is fun to drive when it is no snow outside. Love the styling. I had a '92 RS w/ the 305, but after reading up on the LT1 I had to upgrade! Even though I'm a third-gen fan, I don't believe you could go wrong with these either. True American muscle! Great car!

Styling, T-Tops, 5.7L LT1, Corvette exhaust tips and fog lights.

It should have come with 17" wheels and ground effects on stock cars.