Used 1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1992 Chevrolet Camaro

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

The world looks better from a Camaro
By simplyEZB

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Hatchback

I have owned my Camaro since I was 15. I bought it in high school, and will never part with it. It is the nicest car I've ever owned and the most eye catching. I've never even seen one on the road like mine. I own a 25th anniv. heritage edition. It is purple w/ silver heritage stripes. it has factory dipped chrome alloys, t-tops, tinted windows and a mean cat back exhaust. Everywhere I go I get looks and have people ask me if it's custom. I have found that it is one of the rarest color combos from 1992. There is nothing like seeing the world from the driver's seat of a beautiful, powerful Camaro with the t-tops off and the wind blowing.

The paint job and the room.

The seats are a little stiff.

25th
By 25th Ann.

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Hatchback

I love my 25th anniversary Camaro. I like cruising around wth the T-tops off and the pedal to the floor. Ive had no problems with it since I bought it in '98 except for the brakes and tires that I'm a little hard on. I wish I had the money to do the car some justice and restore it to its prime.

I'd have to say the T-tops and the classical white paint job. Wow what a beautiful car.

The only thing I would have improved on my particular car would be to have made it a manual transmission. That would have made it even better to drive.

Best car I've owned.
By Louie

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Hatchback

Brought it back in 94. Don't hardly drive it anymore, but starts everytime. Uses no oil even at 175,000. It's not been babied. Skipped oil changes, 15,000 once, hard driving at times, Would think nothing about buying it again. This is the 3rd one I've had in this style and my experince with them have all been the same. Wonderful cars to own . Gets 25 mpg,out of a V8. Everything still works on it, including AC(never recharged)even after 11 years. I've own a 99 TA also, but I think this is a much better car. Although slower and handles worst. I've had many offers trying to buy it from me, but it's like letting an old friend go. It's also got me there and never left me stainded.

T-tops.

Cup holders. Needs more HP 170 out of a V8 is just wrong.

Impressive
By Danger Mouse

This was my first new car purchase & I
am very pleased with my decision. This
F-Body Rocks!! The car has been great
to me despite some hard driving on my
part. I'd heard the 700R4 tranny might
give me worries; to date I've had
none. I've replaced the water pump,
radiator (improper cap...my fault),
alternator, starter, brakes (front-5
times, rear-once), oil pan (my fault
again), hatch pull-down motor, 3 sets
of tires & had to repair the instrument
cluster once (speedometer was broken).
The headliner is falling now; but all-
around, not bad for nearly 13 years &
120,000+ miles! My daughter is looking
forward to driving this car in two
years. I'll probably still be enjoying
the ride. :-)

Low center of gravity straightens the corners! Aggressive steering feedback promotes race car feel. Install an after market exhaust & listen to this baby roar! A K&N filter on the intake end puts the fun in motion.

Ram air induction would have been nice. Or at least take cooler inlet air from lower in the engine compartment like the '92 Ford Mustang 5.0. The arm rest compartment is hard to reach while driving. A small glove box under the huge dashboard would do nicely along with cup holders.

Martha's RS
By Martha Tate

Very good expierence. No Complaints

More opening in grille to allow more air sometimes runs hot