Used 2003 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Blazer

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

I love my 2003 blazer
By mountainchick

2003 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Wow I was really shocked at some of the comments I've seen on here. First off I really believe that the way a truck works depends on how you drive it and maintain it! I am not saying that the people aren't taking care of it but the owners beforehand didn't. As for the worst gas milage I did agree untill I changed my fuel pump omg It saved me a lot of money and I didn't even change it because it was broke! If you drive like an idiot and go 55mph from stop sign to stop sign you will waste so much gas in anything. I go out the mountain every weekend and I have and always will buy Chevy's! The one and only thing I hate is changing the spark plugs because it is soooo tight in there!

My favorite thing is the four wheel drive I can't even count the number of times I hauled trailers and pulled my friends out of the mud, and I never get stuck! The worst thing that happened was my tow hook got bent out quite a bit from all the tuggin!

I will admit it doesn't have to most comfortable seats and a little more room under the hood would be awesome! I am a 5'2" female and I have a hard time my hands are so small compared to regular mechanics, I'm sure they would say the same thing.

OK...But Could Be Better!
By dne_thompson

2003 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2003 Chevy Blazer in June 2006, making me the 2nd owner. It had 32,000 miles and was just under warranty! By the time the warranty was up, about 2 months, the ball joints needed replaced as well as brakes and rotors. Had all work done under warranty! About every 15-20,000 miles, it has to have the ball joints replaced for some reason. I now have 86,000 miles on it and it is due for ball joints again. Also, my air conditioner quit working as well as my driver's side window. THESE ARE VERY EXPENSIVE REPAIRS! Also, have to do brakes and rotors about once a year. It is a good vehicle to drive though, especially with the sun-roof open and the cd player going. Great in snow!

Sunroof, Push button 4X4, Rear windows roll all the way down, Great Cargo area space, fold flat rear seats, cup holders are plentiful, 6 disc in dash cd player, steering wheel mounted audio controls, fog lights, power drivers seat, and column shifter!

Better suspension and the front end needs alot of care for the waring out problems. Especially the ball joints! The outside needed more bling, kindof plain jane without the chrome and black molding down the side.

Very Satisfied
By Very Satisfied

2003 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this SUV used in 2005 for hauling building materials. It was the only SUV with a rear gate that folded down to extend the bed for loading lumber. We love the rear gate & having 4 doors. It is so convenient! We get at least 20 mpg & the only problem was a wiper that came loose & needed to be tightened. We change the oil every 3000 mi and the vehicle has given us no problems. I had to write after reading other unfavorable comments. The vehicle has been so good that I wanted readers to have a balanced view.

Rear fold down gate (like a pick-up), 4 doors, easy to use 4WD.

I would like a little luxury in the interior.

Tough look
By Dug

2003 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this ZR2 4X4 used (3600mi) because it appeared to be set up to handle back country (skid plates, big tires, upgraded shocks, etc) and offered more room and comfort than CJ style Jeep. Mine is yellow like the picture and has most options. Have had no problems (except a little oil drip) now at 24000mi. Just figured out it has grease fittings on stearing linkage! It is not as tight as my 98 Ford F150. Has performed well in rough conditions. Gas milage never over 20mpg. Tire on back contributes to already dangerous rear vision limits. Back seat entry difficult. Filling gas tank to top needs slow pump speed. Overall I like this vehicle for the Rocky Mountain area where I live.

Bose stereo. Short wheel base. High quality shocks. Skid plates

Improve gas mileage. Use better plastic on trim-the sun ate it up in a year. Lots of squeaks when torqe put on frame in back country. Locking differential

This SUV is OK
By kyle2004

2003 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car 8 months ago, and I am already looking to trade it in. It was a fun car at the beginning, but with 14 mpg and 16-18 on the highway, it is not worth it. Also, my 2003 looks exactly like every other Blazer model. Not complaining, but I would have liked some exterior updates to show some kind of evolution. I will hopefully be able to get some money out of it to trade it in.

Sunroof, 4- wheel drive options, and hd radio

Better gas mileage! If it was getting better gas mileage, I could make do. I just can't afford this vehicle.