Used 2002 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Blazer

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Okay, but have had a few minor problems
By My Extreme

2002 Chevrolet Blazer Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Overall my extreme has been a decent purchase. I've had problems with the right rear window leaking. After taking it in 4 to 5 times I think it's finally fixed. By the way it wasn't a little leak either. The water stood in the right rear cargo area. Mechanically I have had no problems. Power sunroof has been sound and no leaks. As opposed to the other extreme review my tires lasted until about 45,000 miles. Gas mileage mainly running interstate/highway has been 17/18. Although the reported highway is around 20 or 22. Rear window molding deteriorating. Can't stand the look of it. I have found the seats to be very comfortable. I love the way my extreme handles.

Comfortable seasts, power sunroof, lots of cargo area with seats folding down. Handling and looks. V6 is sound and so far no problems.

More off the line power. Better gas mileage. Rear window molding deteriorates and looks terrible. Hard to cover up and fix even with black magic stuff. That would be my biggest complaint. It seems to be a problem with Blazers.

What I never knew!
By Michael O

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Here I am in the 40's ownering the best of the best, meaning I've always believed foreign cars were the best no matter what it was. So after the last foreign vehicle I experience (Isuzu) with breaking down and losing time from work, finally decided to buy American! And let me tell you what a different, the ride the performance the look the feeling and very proud of owning an american builded suv s-10 blazer 4wd zr2. Going on 3.5 years strong and recommend it to anyone who's planning on buying a car or truck!

My favorite feature is being able to control daytime running lights. And heated side mirrors, just about everything that it came with!

Well knowing this vehicle has been discontinued, the best improvement would have been a 4dr but looking still the same more like the honda element for passengers.

Great Smaller SUV
By Jeff Hawley

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Fun to drive...Very precise steering, good acceleration. Much easier to maneuver than one might expect. Interior is comfortable and spacious, with the possible exception of the rear seat area, which is somewhat similar to that of a compact car. I'm really enjoying my Blazer and would gladly recommend it to anyone.

Acceleration from the Vortec V-6. Nimble handling. Great stock stereo system with six speakers. Overall versatility.

Back seat could be more comfortable

Buyers Beware - Poor Quality, lost value
By Paratrooperwife

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first and LAST Chevy purchase. I paid $21K and three years later I can't even get $7K, when comparable vehicles are going for $14K. First week I had it the vehicle leaked. A bad leak. I should have known then. Since then it's been one thing after another, sure warranty covered them for a while. Then my extended warranty kicked in, but the $100 deductable has cost me over $400 this year alone. Leaks, serpentine belts (3 in 3 years), passenger and driver window motors, windshield wiper gadgets gone bad, and more. Poor design, extremely mind-bending trade in values so low that I cannot believe it. The 2-door allows poor access to back, and the big fat spare tire is hard to see around

There are no favorite features. A hard monetary loss lesson for me to learn, I have no favorites to mention here. There is nothing good about purchasing a vehicle in which 3 yrs later there is little to now value when compared to comparable vehicles of similar age.

A 2-door that enables passengers to climb in the back with ease. Better sound system. Make a vehicle that doesn't leak so bad the carpet must be replaced. That big tire in the back window is impossible to see through. More attention to details inside and out. Better resale value for my expenditure.

Overall.. I'd buy another..
By Joe

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I can't say that I've had any problems with my Blazer. With 60,000+ miles, the only thing I've had to replace are the brakes and tires this winter. It's not got the best pickup on cold winter days, but I'm thinking that's pretty common on many vehicles. Gas mileage is alright, doing excellent on highway travel.

Excellent stereo than what I've seen in other vehicles, great sound