Used 2002 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Blazer

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Reliable Truck
By Liz

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is a reliable nice looking truck. I am a single mom and have felt very safe taking my son on long road trips in this vechile. Enough room for packing and shopping too. Great in snow.

I love my Blazer!
By Dave

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Maybe I got a good one? I've had my Blazer for a little over two years and haven't had it in the shop for anything major other than the horn likes to honk for no reason in the winter time when I turn the wheel. The rear window used to rattle when going over small bumps, but I was able to fix it. This has been a really great vehicle despite these negative reviews. I do regular maintenance, and really test it to its limits. I've added a lot to it like a hitch reciever, and skid plates, and a grill guard. All in all a great vehicle. Maybe I got lucky and got one that doesn't have any problems. Everywhere we drive, we always take the Blazer even though it has the worst gas mileage.

4WD! Power, looks nics, drives nice.

Gas mileage by far. The horn problem. Not much to improve since it's discontinued..

ZR2 package is the way to go
By Andrew M

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car as my second, and I have not had any major problems with it, only minor. Rust on rear rotor caused weird noise, along with washer on driver door causing water to leak. Plastics are cheap inside the car and come apart/ blemish easily. The ride is excellent and it handles better than a truck should. It is a monster through the snow and the clearance is tall enough for anything. I would recommend this car for anyone who has to deal with off-road use as a common thing. Amazing off road and bad weather car, but because of small gear ratio, not that great of a highway car.

Low end torque is great for uphill. Great handling, wider stance. ZR2 looks better than basic Blazer. Factory 2in lift. Rear cubby hatches to store odds and ends.

Make aftermarket accessories for it. Lower spare tire to actually see out of rear window. Make it easier to get into back seat. Lift kits need to be less expensive

2002 2-DR Blazer
By KH1693

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Would not recommend this vehicle for purchase. It looks pretty good, inside and out, has plenty of room, but definitely not a safe vehicle. Also, several little electrical quirks, like radio stations changing on their own and guages sometimes erratic. Doesn't hold value. Overall, not a good purchase.

Plenty of room and kind of sporty for the price.

Just needs better quality overall. Not heavy enough, too easy to flip (I know because I've done it and I wasn't speeding either!)

Never Again!
By Unhappy

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Has been a money pit! Front end is horrible and the electrical system has problems. Hard to start when it has been sitting a while. With gas at nearly $3/gal this is not a good vehicle to drive.

Have plenty of power, but at a big price.

A lot higher quality and fuel economy.