Used 2002 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Blazer

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

xTreme performance
By xTreme Texas

2002 Chevrolet Blazer Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this xTreme used and in need of some TLC. It is now in great condition, has been very reliable, and runs like a wild horse. Handling is far better than the LS Blazer I also own, and fuel economy is a rock solid 22MPG on the highway, and about 15MPG around town. This is definitely not the model for all SUV drivers, but more for those who want some spark to go with towing, handling, and looks. The A/C in this vehicle easily handles 100+ temps and the engine cooling system keeps things at 195d. Easy to work on when needed. Changed a bad alternator in less than 15 minutes with no special tools. Parts are cheap and readily available. Wish I could buy a new one.

Performance, handling, and ride

Better interior materials. Chevy never did a major upgrade of the interior on the S series truck/blazer line. Really needed a better interior designer on these trucks.

Got a very good buy
By xtreme

2002 Chevrolet Blazer Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought my 2002 Blazer Xtreme and I have been very satisfied. This is my first SUV and I know that there are bigger and better ones these days, but for the xtremes purposes it does its job. It has a very stylish look and is very comfortable. It also has a considerable amount of power and I have no problem keeping up with the rest of the traffic. The xtreme is a very hard car to find especially with the lowish miles that I found in this one. If you can get your hands on a decent blazer I would absolutely suggest it.

Style, tinted windows, 6 disc changer, powerful v6.

gas mileage, maybe have an optional v8.

bought a money pit on wheels
By david christian

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Just got my 02 Blazer out of the shop today for its semi annual $700-800 breakdown. Gas mileage is terrible, ride is loud and uncomfortable. Too many odd noises everywhere, just waiting for the next but now very expected $800 shop visit. Waiting to dump it when I can afford another car payment. Then again, soon fixing it might be more expensive than any car payment and I wont have to go without a car while its being repaired, huge inconvenience. Next will be Toyota for sure.

quick acceleration, when its not broke down. dark tint windows, so no one can see the sucker who actually paid for this suv!

bumper to bumper, everything in between would be a great start.

Dependable
By attilio

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have had 0 defects since I had my truck for 4 years. Plenty of room, pulls good and rides better than a normal truck. I maintain my vehicle on a monthly basis. I added an electric fan, K&N cool air kit, and under pulleys and get about 20 to 22 miles per gallon now so I'm very happy about my SUV.

Room, performance, and looks

Gas mileage of course, need a better rear caliper design.

02 Blazer
By hpc1979

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Chevy Blazer for about 5 years now. For ther most part, since it was my first new car, I haven't done too bad. The cons: Changed fuel pump already, build quality is poor, and it eats gas a little too fast, back seats are unconfortable. The pros: Good power, good control for an SUV, Drivers seat is extremely confortable, great driver to dash set up.

Low cost for an SUV

Better workmanship! If made in the USA is supposed to be great name brand, well start with immediate improvement of workmanship with all the American cars on the market.