Used 2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

It is how it sounds!
By Supercharged Xtreme

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my X-treme in 2008 with 76,000 miles for a daily driver and I fell in love. I go by people in X- treme pickups and they almost wreck seeing an X-treme Blazer. Im glad to see positive feedback from other X- treme owners 'cus it sounds like other models are goofing up. I am in the process of supercharging my blazer for some extra fun & that extra Umph of pulling into traffic but it does great while stock. It has a nice smooth ride and great stock looks I would never change. All my friends tried to buy it the first time they saw it. Im only 21, but I know a good Chevy when I see one & this is definitely one of them. My Chevys have always ran good, even my 1950 Chevy runs like a top!!

It has Comfey seats, a great sporty look, and I've amazed myself & others from what I can fit in the back. I haven't towed with it yet but I like having a hitch just in case.

I maintain it with everything it needs when it needs it (sometimes before) but I still get poor gas mileage from time to time even with "babying" it. Its weird 'cus some weeks it does great even with the same driving pattern.

Good value, reliable all around Car.
By Whit

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the car with 15k in '02. Now has 78k. Had a few issues, breaks, tie rods, wheel bearings front, gas fill issues and vapor recovery stuff, oh ya, tie rods, did I mention tie rods. Over all a good ride, and reliable 4 wheel drive that works easily. Would buy again for the price. My wife loves if for the dogs, and the very muddy roads in Maine.

Interior comfort, electric seat, tilt wheel, visibility, mirrors, fold down rear seat. Good 4 wheel drive, and ground clearance. Great V-6 engine, too bad they stopped making it.

They don't make a small, S-10 vehicle any more. I get almost 18 miles per gallon in town and 22 on the highway. Great V-6 engine, have the same in my boat.

Never again
By JUNK

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Blazer in July with 38,000 m. In December at 49,000 I had to replace the transmission. Since then things have gone downhill. I've had to replace both tie rod ends, my rocker arm, 4 door hinges, my windows get stuck in the down position in 5 degree weather. My gas gauge picks its days to work. An to top it all off again I am replacing the transmission for the second time! I have always been a Chevy fan until now. It has been the biggest lemon ever!

The Worst Vehicle I've Owned For Sure
By G-Man

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Within 75k miles had the following issues: Door pins and hinges went bad. Right hub went bad. Transfer case leaks. Radiator blew. Head gesket went with it (never even got above 220). Passenger seat handle broke twice. Had to replace fuel injectors. Fuel pump is making noise. No I'm not dumping anymore money into this hunk of junk! A piece of junk! I would never buy a a Chevrolet again!

Nice interior

Don't buy one!

Nothing but problems
By Lana & Jack Rowland

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I got the truck used and since the day I got it nothing but problems. The first thing was the transmission and a shutting off problem. I can't drive it on trips because when the temp is high the truck shuts off. It will start again but then shuts off again. So I beleave that this truck is a piece of junk. Unless you have a lot of money to put in to it which I don't.

Then only thing I like about the truck is the heated seats in the winter.

Find out why so many Blazer owners have the same problem as me