Used 2001 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Blazer

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Decent...
By nick

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Good truck, too many problems. not reliable. Head gasket went out at 100k, should not be a problem at this mileage. Bought at 87k approx. 6 months before. Gas mileage is poor, truck has power and is fast, but its a cool little truck.

good power, good accel, comfortable, decent design, cool little features inside, decent stock radio

HEAD GASKET! not too offroad friendly, not many aftermarket parts, switched to a 4runner and am much happier.

It is how it sounds!
By Supercharged Xtreme

2001 Chevrolet Blazer Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my X-treme in 2008 with 76,000 miles for a daily driver and I fell in love. I go by people in X- treme pickups and they almost wreck seeing an X-treme Blazer. Im glad to see positive feedback from other X- treme owners 'cus it sounds like other models are goofing up. I am in the process of supercharging my blazer for some extra fun & that extra Umph of pulling into traffic but it does great while stock. It has a nice smooth ride and great stock looks I would never change. All my friends tried to buy it the first time they saw it. Im only 21, but I know a good Chevy when I see one & this is definitely one of them. My Chevys have always ran good, even my 1950 Chevy runs like a top!!

It has Comfey seats, a great sporty look, and I've amazed myself & others from what I can fit in the back. I haven't towed with it yet but I like having a hitch just in case.

I maintain it with everything it needs when it needs it (sometimes before) but I still get poor gas mileage from time to time even with "babying" it. Its weird 'cus some weeks it does great even with the same driving pattern.

Good value, reliable all around Car.
By Whit

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the car with 15k in '02. Now has 78k. Had a few issues, breaks, tie rods, wheel bearings front, gas fill issues and vapor recovery stuff, oh ya, tie rods, did I mention tie rods. Over all a good ride, and reliable 4 wheel drive that works easily. Would buy again for the price. My wife loves if for the dogs, and the very muddy roads in Maine.

Interior comfort, electric seat, tilt wheel, visibility, mirrors, fold down rear seat. Good 4 wheel drive, and ground clearance. Great V-6 engine, too bad they stopped making it.

They don't make a small, S-10 vehicle any more. I get almost 18 miles per gallon in town and 22 on the highway. Great V-6 engine, have the same in my boat.

Never again
By JUNK

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Blazer in July with 38,000 m. In December at 49,000 I had to replace the transmission. Since then things have gone downhill. I've had to replace both tie rod ends, my rocker arm, 4 door hinges, my windows get stuck in the down position in 5 degree weather. My gas gauge picks its days to work. An to top it all off again I am replacing the transmission for the second time! I have always been a Chevy fan until now. It has been the biggest lemon ever!

The Worst Vehicle I've Owned For Sure
By G-Man

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 2WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Within 75k miles had the following issues: Door pins and hinges went bad. Right hub went bad. Transfer case leaks. Radiator blew. Head gesket went with it (never even got above 220). Passenger seat handle broke twice. Had to replace fuel injectors. Fuel pump is making noise. No I'm not dumping anymore money into this hunk of junk! A piece of junk! I would never buy a a Chevrolet again!

Nice interior