Used 2001 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Blazer

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Still Running Strong!
By 7ate9

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this truck for a little over 10 years now and bought it brand new in October 2000. I am lucky that I have a short commute and have only put 84,000 miles on it.

I have not had any major issues except for repairs here and there. Recently the head gasket went, but my mechanic told me its because the coolant used by GM (DEX-COOL) actually deteriorated the gasket. There was a class action lawsuit about this back in 2005, but I did not know about it. Other than that, its been perfect.

It's stil fun to drive and feel almost as good as the day I bought it. My only major complaint is gas mileage, especially compared to vehicles today. I usually get about 16-17 mpg on average.

Agressive design, smooth control, interior layout

Breaks could have been better, interior parts are assembled cheaply

Got a Really Bad One!
By Guido

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This was a dealer car that we purchased with 10,000 miles on it and it has been a money pit. We have replaced: right front hub sensor, brake module, passenger side window motor (we rarely raise or lower that window), metal transmission lines (rubbing together caused leaks (they are not supposed to rub together), idler pulley, tensioner pulley, gas tank sensor, high pressure oil lines, radiator, alternator, electronics for 4WD and, the engine (as a result of the tensioner pulley seizing). There is more, but not enough space to continue. Perhaps we just got a 'lemon'; however, to be safe I no longer purchase GM vehicles.

Comfort, easy to drive, handles well for an SUV. Really like the Auto 4WD feature the few times we use it.

2001 Trail Blazer
By BG

2001 Chevrolet Blazer TrailBlazer 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I first rented one at Jackson Hole Airport. Liked it so much I returned to Nashville and purchased one. It has been trouble free except for the smog pump failure at 90000 miles. I love driving it. Consumer Reports rates it bad and I rate it Excellent. I've driven on long trips and it's a joy. Easy to park and non-tiring on long trips. Two thumbs up!

Cockpit controls are easy to use. The air vents are a joy. The seating adjustments can make anyone happy. Cargo area is bigger than much bigger SUV's. Radio controls on steering wheel are especially nice. I can't flaw this car!

Happy,Happy,Happy
By Happy,Happy,Happy

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought our Blazer used on jan.'08. It had 148,551 miles on it, it now has 176,894. We have had only one problem with it (the fuel pump finally went out in it at 176,756). Other then that the rig is great. The 4.3l v6 is by far the best engine I have ever seen in a rig. Its a shame they quit making it. We love the 4x4 system it has, and we like the auto 4x4 option it came with. I wasn't shur I would like the push button 4x4, but I will have to say I am impressed with its ease going in and out of 4x4 mode. In all we couldn't be happier, and we plane on keeping it for a long time.

Great mileage(15city 22hwy)with an open air intake I get 23to24 mph hwy.the paint is good,the ride is great,4.3L power is perfect,4x4 works great, awesome in the snow and off road.

keep making the 4.3L engine.A small v6 diesel would be nice to see.Interior could use a little more attention, more user friendly center counsel.

Nothing to brag about
By Tim

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this SUV for my wife. I have the same year Mazda Tribute and it is amazing how different they run. The Mazda is a tight ride, drives new. We have done nothing but general maintenance. The Blazer runs rough, we have probably spent $1,500 over the past year for repairs. A friend of mine had a blazer and he told me to stay away but I did not listen.

I like how the interior is ut together, nice riding up high.

Gas mileage is horrible, I swear you can hear the car burning gas when it runs.