Used 2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Loved the Blazer - just traded
By Lynda

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV

I just traded mine it had 115,000 on it. It never left me stranded any place! General maintenance only - batteries, (Texas is hard on batteries) oil, transmission fluid and new tires. Only thing I did not like was that the belt squeaked all the time. Interior was extremely comfortable, air / heat worked great always! Visibility great as well. I was ready for something different after nine years only reason to trade. This one will go 200K no question.

Leater bucket seats, fold down back seats, sound system was awesome. Blazer had lots of pep - no problem passing on the highway.

5 speed Blazer
By ct1274

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV

Fun to drive with 5 speed. Gas mileage hurts but don't drive far. Blind spots, seat handle broken. Nice looks and growl of the engine.

Engine, 4.3 liter, decent power

trying to get rid of it
By berdiddly

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV

This was my first car I bought on my own, second car to have. I bought it with 35,000miles, and a week later had to buy a new battery. Three months later had to buy a new alternator. A week later the seat adjustment handles broke off. At 40,000 miles the gas gauge went out. 60,000 miles, my heater went out and found out that I have a leak in my radiator so I have to fill that constantly, I also found an oil leak. Now at 72,000 miles, I have had to replace the bearings, brakes and rotors TWICE in one month. I wish I would have known about this web site before I bought my car. Be sure to research all cars.

The fold down seats in the back.

Get a whole new motor, and use better parts for the build. Gas mileage stinks.

Not bad but a lot of repairs
By maddiesmom

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

We got our 2000 Blazer with a V6 vortec it has 86,000 miles on it. We put 16,000 on in 8 months. Our engine light has been on since about 1 month after we got it. We've had to replace the front drivers side wheel baring twice, our blower moter is going, sounds like a bird in our dash. Now we are having troubles with it lagging between 1st and 2nd gear. Garage said it was most likey our tranny. Passenger seat is very hard to move back and forth. The center arm rest is all dented in, cannot put a child car seat in the middle of the back seat. Head lights are very hard to see with at night. We also had to replace something can't remember the name, but it makes a loud humming noise when starte

Tinted windows, sunroof, power

Too many to name

Love my Blazer
By Jason

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought used, now have 78,000 miles on it and still love it. Had one major problem with it, the heater core went out in the dead of winter. I live in the Pacific Northwest so, it wasn't very fun. Core was replaced under warranty. Love the engine! Has great power and love the exhaust note! Heated leather seats are awesome and the memory feature is great. Driven it on quite a few road trips and it's very comfortable. Rides and handles nicely, I always feel safe. On the few times I've had to engage the 4X4, it worked just like it should. Felt really surefooted in the snow this winter. Gas mileage is fine, I'm not expecting high numbers, it's a 4X4. I didn't buy it for the gas mileage.

Sunroof, power heated leather seats (driver & passenger), memory driver seats. I like the way it looks on the outside, very attractive. I can't say enough about the engine. It's quiet at cruising speeds but sounds mean and has all the power I need when I punch it.

It's a little small. I used to drive an Explorer. The Explorer felt larger. Also, the addition of a five speed auto transmission would be nice. And lastly, bigger cup holders. With the rubber grips in them, you can't put anything larger than a can in them. And the rubber grips come out easily.