Used 2000 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews - 154 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Blazer

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

I love my Blazer but...
By Michelle

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV

I bought my truck in Novemember 2001 upgrading from a Cavalier. The truck does great in the snow in MD without being 4WD. I have never had a major problem with it other then the handles on the both seats broke until now. It is paid for and everything has gone wrong with it. ABS brake light won't go out even after numerous trips to the shop, service engine light comes on all the time, I have no heat or A/C. Shop can't figure it out. Occasionally over heats, blower motor went up, ball joints have been replaced 2 times now, transmission starting to fail at 120,000 miles. I love my truck. Handles great but it may be cheaper to go buy a Tahoe!

I love the way my truck handles. 80+ mph drives like a champ!

Gas mileage a little on the low side. Chevrolet sure does know how to work it so once it is paid for everything goes wrong!

Can you say battleship Yamoto
By cifey

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

I bought it new in 2000 with cash from my first real job, tired of driving economy cars in school. I liked the smooth ride on the highway, decent turning radius and fuel economy for a truck. Large rims, nice interior, very modern design for the time. I drove a girlfriend around in it for a couple of years, that was pretty sweet. Currently has 95k, girls are afraid of it. I've broken down on the road only twice so far. Things that went wrong... passenger seat handle -- warranty battery (almost drowned me in tropical storm allison) -- warranty dirty fuel injectors -- warranty battery again -- paid fuel pump -- $800 for the part busted radiator -- $300

Smooth ride, good power, ground clearance, good storage space (I fit a whole futon with the gate closed)

Plastic rattles like a school bus, the main button fell off the radio, easy to rollover -- don't sale this to a hot head driver. The 2 door is tough to climb into, only seats 2 in the back.

Excellent SUV, sincere review
By joetibu

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV

I had this SUV since new. No mayor problems and has now more than 100k. Basic maintenance. Overall is very comfty, hauls lots of stuff and feels very secure. Good MPG for the size and weight.

Air conditioner, front seats

Stiffer suspension without affecting ride quality

Loved the Blazer - just traded
By Lynda

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV

I just traded mine it had 115,000 on it. It never left me stranded any place! General maintenance only - batteries, (Texas is hard on batteries) oil, transmission fluid and new tires. Only thing I did not like was that the belt squeaked all the time. Interior was extremely comfortable, air / heat worked great always! Visibility great as well. I was ready for something different after nine years only reason to trade. This one will go 200K no question.

Leater bucket seats, fold down back seats, sound system was awesome. Blazer had lots of pep - no problem passing on the highway.

5 speed Blazer
By ct1274

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

Fun to drive with 5 speed. Gas mileage hurts but don't drive far. Blind spots, seat handle broken. Nice looks and growl of the engine.

Engine, 4.3 liter, decent power