Used 2000 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews - 154 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Blazer

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

A mixed bag but overall I've liked it
By Cory H

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I have the ZR2 off-road package, and overall this has been a dependable vehicle. Reasonably comfortable, low wind noise, rides well (for a 4x4), suspension package was a great investment - have gotten 70k miles w/o uneven wear on tires, fun little SUV for cross-country camping trips. 21 mpg highway, 15 city. It hasn't been without its issues. It does tend to have a lot of squeaks, cheap-o interior plastic doesn't help. The biggest problem I had was having to replace the transmission at 50,000 miles. Did have some premature ball joint replacement also. Heater core went out at about 110k miles, radiator cracked at 140k. Other minor problems such as malfunctioning thermometer and broken fuel ga

Styling of ZR2 package - very muscular look that can still be considered stylish. Capable off-road. Reasonably comfortable on long trips (for 2). Heavy duty suspension really saves the tire wear, even if the ride is a bit stiff as a result.

Cheap interior plastic & rear gate that contribute to squeaks. A few premature maintenance/replacement issues (fine since initial repair). Other issues are to be expected of a truck with 143,000 miles on it.

don't buy
By Theresa

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

owned this car 9 years.This is the first new car I bought off the lot. I have had nothing but problems ever since I bought this car.Rear seal replaced, differential, pins in the doors, front seat adjusting handles just break, computer, alternator, battery, gaskets and 5 yes 5 heater cores. The first 2 was covered by GM after I complained enough because the first 3 times i brought into the dealer there was a bulletin to flush the lines, which did no good, the problem ran past the extended warranty and blow out again, gm covered it. The problem came back cuz it was never fixed correctly. I know that GM/Dexcool had a class action law suite regarding Dex cool I signed up $back NEVER AGAIN GM

none....steering bad, ball joints replace alot of repairs and alot of unnecessary out of pocket expense

Your heater system, transmission needs much improvement all around the suv needs to be redesigned and needs to be build to last for its consumers...i will never buy a blazer gm vehicle again

I love my Blazer
By paulahall

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

I love this SUV. I have had my Blazer for 4 years. I bought it when it had 70000 miles and now it has 141000. Just replaced heater coil @ 138000. Rotors @ 137000 and brakes. It sounds like it might have a rod knocking but only when it is really cold then the noise quits. Drives greats lots of power for a 6 cylinder. The interior is still in good shape. None of the seat problems other had talked about. Love that the back seats fold down and the tinted windows. I hope it keeps running to 300000 miles. Heater core only costs $65 but I installed it myself. Have to remove the entire dash to get to it and it's a pain to put back in, but I love the heat it puts out.

Tinted windows, back wiper, folding back seats, factory am/fm/cd/cassette, day lights, cruise control, powerful passing capabilities, tow package.

Spare needs to be under vehicle. The back glass rattles and squeaks on bumpy road. There is not enough room under the hood to get to spark plugs or anything else for that matter without getting your hands scratched up, if you have larger hands forget trying to do anything under the hood.

Loving it so far
By loving it so far

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

We had just purchased it a few weeks ago. I have owned a 1999 Chevy 1500 2wd with the same 4.3 Vortec, and I loved that truck. So far, our Blazer has been flawless. Bought it with 110,000 miles, and last week we drove it over 600 miles for the holidays. It was icy at times, and the 4wd worked great! A great price and a wonderful purchase.

I love the basic styling of it, inside and out, not too fancy, not too cheap.

Would like for the fuel economy to be better, but for a 4wd 4000 lb SUV, I can't complain too much

I'm loving my 1st SUV
By rich prestia

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

This is my 1st. SUV and I'm 45 yrs old! I initially set out to buy a Jeep Cherokee Sport. But after trying one out it was too small (interior wise) for me, I'm 6'3". Then when car shopping in Brooklyn...I saw her. I immediately bought her. I wound up with a wonderful, dependable truck! I've set it up with synthetic oil and put Lucas gas treatment in every tank and this baby is great!

The 4x4, the heated leather seats, the quick pickup of the 4.3 engine. The cargo area. and yes I like the ride!

I hatethe center console/arm rest. It's so damned small. The Jeep Grand Cherokee has such a large console and console lid!