Used 2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews - 154 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Beware of blazer
By jamel

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

I currently own a 2000 chevy blazer and I thought I had a very reliable truck, however the truck is currently in the shop for lower manifold replacement due to a leak, new fuel pump about 3 months ago,new rear brakes about 2 months ago,fuel filter about 1 month ago, replaced alternator about 6 mos after I got it! replaced rad and hose 3 days ago! the list goes on! How can I remain true to a company when I have to foot all the bills!I wonder if GM bigwigs are driving Chevys? probably not!

When it is not breaking down it is a decent drive.

Absolutely everything!!!

Great offroad & snow, lacking elsewhere
By Brian

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

This truck has served our family well from the standpoint of pure utility. Living in Wisconsin for several years, not once have I had trouble in deep snow or any inclement weather. We have taken this offroad and it's been great for that purpose. However, I have had to replace the transmission, the fuel pump (twice), wheel bearings (twice), ball joints, and my driver side window stopped working. There have been some electrical issues with the ABS, and my check engine light has been on for sometime. I really have enjoyed this truck, but mechanical issues have really plagued it. It has 154000 miles on it currently. The 4.3L Vortec engine has kept running strong though.

Offroad capability, good looks, good strong engine.

Too many repairs needed on the front end and transmission. Somewhat outdated now.

Love the 4.3
By Karcinagin

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Not to small, amazing in snow (even with standard diff) Easy to maintain, if you know what will go wrong. Its a 3/4 v8 350, so many power mods. Being 9 years old it has it problems, but I still get from point a to b. Would buy more just because the 4.3 will last over 250,000 miles

4x4, auto dimming mirrors

door bushings, fuel pump, heater core, head gaskets OD off button

everything replaced
By Marc

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I have been maintaining on the police car/ taxi schedule which is double the norm. Three radiators, 5 ac systems. Transmission out at 42k, heater core and front differential out at 80k. Dealer set it on fire during repair so new ac, and half the engine. Then engine went out with rods or mains at 102K. New engine replaced 5k later with a knock (Jasper engine). New catalytic, engine light on for o2 sensor now. Looks great and get compliments on what great shape it is in and you can eat off the motor it is kept so clean. Over 16k in total repairs including fire damage. Wife hates it and when I got rear-ended she only hoped it was totaled. What happened Chevrolet? My Astro ran to over 275K.

Its still shiny.

More power and GM should have some pride when they make a car.

Don't buy one
By fishguy204

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV

This little truck has been a headache from day one. In four months I have replaced the front brakes and rotors, the fuel pump and the wheel bearings. Pretty well the only thing I like about it is the looks.

I like the way it looks and handle snow.

Nothing to improve because they don't make them any more. No Wonder. What a lemon.