Used 2000 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews - 154 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Blazer

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Expensive
By Jason

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have to say I bought this car in April and I have had to replace a couple of minor things. Ac needed to be recharged. Pvc value replaced. Fuel filter. But these are small. Now need to do the rear diff. Flush radator and do a trans flush. Drives good. Family has plenty of room on road trips. Would like better gas mileage. A radio that worked. Outside of all that if you can get one at the right price it is a ok deal. 4wd still works. Have used to move a friend into a different apt and it moved all of his stuff fine. Lots of space . Seats fold down. Great for kids who play sports !

space .. comfort ...

better audio deck ... better mpg ... better interior/exterior ... bigger engine ... v-6 to small ... this truck needs an 8 based on weight of this truck!

Worth owning but needs "Tweaks"
By Dave

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

Bought new in 2000. Been all over U.S. east of Miss. river on PGA since. Problems - Front seat recline handles break off, blind spot looking through small left rear window when turning left, AC Compressor weak (all GMs a problem with this), poor positioning of spare inside back left, exterior trim breaks down (plating on luggage rack, trim around rear windows, grill black trim, etc.), Stereo blows up around 30k locking the ignition and electrical. Overall a good ride though with good handling for a high riding SUV. Great acceleration (the V6 is mighty). Regular maintenance at 4000 miles gives you longevity. Would buy again.

Lumbar supports with cloth interior is VERY comfortable. Nice stereo although it has to be replaced soon (CD/AM/FM in dash and cassette in floor console with great speakers), handling great to sit up so high, smooth ride with little road noise, rear seat lowers for great storage, Engine reliable.

Move spare storage from inside to under rear, Blind spot on left redesign, use steel on seat recline levers instead of the pot metal that was used, redesign how stereo is computer connected to the ignition and electrical. A dead stereo shouldn't shut down the entire car!

Great, if you know what to look for...
By Joey

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Blazer used with 90K(kms) on it, and it's been a blast. This is my 5th Blazer/Jimmy, and they're great vehicles if you know what to look for. The following problems are a given after about 120k: ball joints, leaky oil lines, heater core, squeaky rear window, recliner handles will break off, door hinge bushings, and if not maintained properly, auto transmissions will probably go around 200k. If your vehicle still has Dex- cool in it (orange anti-freeze), I would highly recommend getting it flushed and replaced with the regular green stuff, and that may save you some headaches. The fuel economy is not great, but like most vehicles, maintain these properly and they'll treat you well.

Decent power, lots of interior space for it's size, great interior/exterior design.

More efficient V6

Lotta issues but I still love it
By xray25

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

This Blazer ZR2 was my first SUV, I loved it at first and still enjoy driving it, I just wish it was more reliable. I bought the truck with 111,000 and have put 63,000 on it. Trying to count the times it has left me out in the cold...I think at least 4 times. This truck has many issues. A rust hole I can stick my fist through, the gas gauge, CD player, seat handles, have never worked. I have replaced the catalytic converter, wheel bearings, intake gasket, PCV valve, alternator, radiator....the distributor corrodes so I must replace it every 6 months. More rattles than you can count on both feet....but a great backup vehicle nonetheless. Hate to sell it, Love me Blazer!

Outstanding 4x4 capability, incredibly fun to drive offroad and in snow! 19- 20 mpg w the 5spd, bright red exterior style is still stylish, ease of entry, decent-low-end torque, and decent passing power. has seen better days, but is still a great beater 4x4!!!

I guess there's not much to be said, they don't make this truck anymore. But I would say the area most needing improvement is reliability.

Love It!!
By AUSPOW

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had my Blazer for a little over two years. 118,000 miles and still going strong. I love it, she has plenty of pep and is a very stylish SUV. Whenever I go anywhere my friends always want to take my Blazer. Have had some problems but for a 9 year old SUV, not too bad.

Sunroof, autotrac 4x4, CD player, two tone paint is very attractive

door hinges!!! drive door hinges replaced twice. Heater core replaced twice, other wise she is perfect.