Used 2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews - 154 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Black Beauty
By marty

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV

I bought this Blazer mainly because my wife broke her wrist and couldn't shift her Grand Am..(She likes to shift) We both drove the car since we've had it. She likes it, with the exception of the many blind spots this vehicle has. I enjoyed driving it and loved the Acceleration the 4.3 6 cylinder has compared to my 2.2 S-10. The car is a 2 dr with a black exterior. It reminds me of a Lexus wagon...has those same kinda lines. I have had many people say: That sure is a sharp Blazer." Mileage isn't anywhere near the Grand Am 4 cyl or the S-10 4 cyl. This Black Beauty get at most 17 around out suburban area and maybe 23 on the highway. It's a nice SUV.

I like the direction indicator and outside temperature thermometer.

This car needs improvement in the gas mileage. The rear end whines also.

2000 blazer
By lavanah

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

It is in the shop for a lot of repairs. Bells and whistles means there is a lot to break. The tranny is gone at 113,000 and I have a porous engine block.

Good handling

Better mileage

5 1/2 yrs with a Chevy Blazer
By steve

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

This car has performed well and has been a solid purchase since late 1999. I recommend it for family car with 4 or less people.

Reliablity and overall multi use.

Would like to have seen 2nd row reading light for the kids.

No more Blazers for me!
By Maureen

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Perhaps we should have not leased this vehicle for 5 years, but the reliability as well as mechanical functions are starting to fail. The vehicle will shift itself into 4 wheel drive. We have had it in for service for this, and the dealer cannot find the reason why it is doing this. The front brakes especially are awful, and they have had to be replaced way too often. I don't drive a lot of miles to work, or drive the vehicle a lot in general. Not a lot of excess wear and tear to explain the need for the brakes to be replaced as frequently as they have been. And gas mileage is terrible. My hubby's F-150 gets better gas mileage than the Blazer does. A lot of squeaks and rattles while driving.

This is an awesome vehicle to drive in deep snow. With 20 plus inches of snow fall at one point last winter, I was able to plow through anything without a problem.

Well, the gas mileage is terrible, but with a SUV I guess that's to be expected. Maybe a little more head room would be nice.

ZR2, all the options
By laner

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I've had the Blazer for 3 months now, and it's everything I expected and more. It's fun to drive, and the highway mileage is above 20mpg. I love being able to have the rear seats down for easy storage. Of course there's wear and tear, and parts to buy, but it's an SUV. It's kind of expected.

AC, quiet running, great handling, quick 4WD, ZR2 package, tow hooks, flat-fold seats.

Spare tire arm on back of 2door's: horrible job of coating it. Had to sandblast and respray it.