Used 2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews - 154 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Good bang for the buck
By RP

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a solid vehicle for the price. I purchased mine when the '03 TrailBlazer came out and the price on them was great. Keep in mind that now as I consider replacing it, I see the opposite end with the low resale value. I I purchased mine with 26,000 miles and three years later have 98,500 on it. It has been solid. I've had to replace both front hub assemblies, the rear pumpkin cover, replace the door hinges (the top one broke off) and replace the license light bulb wiring. The total of the repairs was around $2500, which is why anyone buying a SUV should definitely consider an extended warranty. It has great legroom (I'm 6'5") and is wonderful in the snow where we get 150"/yr

The legroom is great. It handles snow better than any other SUV/truck I've owned. The price is great when comparing the additional you'll spend for a similar equiped competitor.

Mute point, only available as a fleet vehicle now

High cost and frequent maintenance
By knd911

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought this vehicle to help me get through the winter times and I quickly found out my little Elantra handled the winter better than this truck. Every scheduled maintenance costs at least $500 and these are supposed minor parts parts like turning signal, battery cable, gas gauge. The fuel economy is not the best as expected.

Wider wheel base like they have done with the latest model. Better parts that will not break down so often.

I got robbed
By Tom

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV

I purchased my Blazer at about 40000 miles. And what a let down it has been since. I've actually considered seeing if it was a lemon but by the other reviews on here I'm guessing I should have done the research and expected it. Every thing everyone has mentioned having problems with I have do the same and some more. I'm a college student and constantly breaking the bank on repairs for this. I will never buy a Chevy again. I have spent close to $5000 on repair in 3 years of having it. Gas gauge, ball joints, rotors, bearings, rear axle, pittman arm, seat handle, wiring, lights on the dash, heater core. The repairs take all the fun out of this automobile unless you have deep pockets.

At least it goes good in the snow.

They don't make it anymore good riddance.

Piece of Junk
By RP

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle has been the worst, by far, of the eight cars I've owned to date. 1st ball joint/hub kit at 43000 miles, the other at 63000, two sets of brakes, gas gauge breaks and needs to be replaced, driver seat tilt breaks off with normal use, cheap plastic emergency break handle breaks off stranding the vehicle in a snow storm as the breaks will not release, hood cable require replacing at 69000 at which time it was noted that the "engine oil cooler lines are leaking," and now as of 3/5/06 the Security light is on and the vehicle does not start on command with out a 10 minute wait due to electronic and fuel issues and the seats have terrible ergonomic design with zero lumbar support

CD/radio easy to access and adjust volumn when the excessive tire noise overwhelms you while driving on the highways.

Have honor and dignity to correct the massive engineering designs, mechanical and especially electrical, in the vechicle

No problems
By nceguy

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

In 70k miles I've made one $120 repair. And I've driven repeatedly over several mountains over 11,000 feet elevation in New Mexico where the terrain is anything but friendly. What more could I ask for a vehicle that is as affordable as this one. Especially for someone who actually uses an SUV as an SUV and not just a gas hog.